The beginning.

Seven year old Hoseok watched with dreary eyes as a little boy with chubby fingers and plumps lips, maybe younger than him came into the room that he shared with four other kids.

Kids like him, abandoned, labeled trash by their parents or merely because their parents were dead. As small as he was, he had overcome his denial and accepted the fact that his mom wasn't coming from the creaky brown door of the building that now housed him.

Not now, not ever.

Hoseok's tiny eyes followed the brown haired boy as he giggled with the other kids in the room as the called him who were fawning over him.

The little boys voice was light and airy, giggling as the two slightly elder kids tickled him while calling him 'chim chim' and 'jiminie' while the younger two laughed watching the show.

Hoseok's eyes slid past their happy laughter and focused on the dirty spot on the wall across from him as he huddled against the wall. A few second minutes or perhaps it was hours, he didn't know but the laughter eventually ceased, all of them piling out of the door maybe to eat. Not bothering Hoseok, as it should be.

Hoseok heard the door creak open but paid no heed to it.

It was when he heard the same voice from earlier that Hoseok finally looked at the intruding kid.

"Hi I'm jimin!" The brown haired boy with chubby fingers waved at him with a slit eyed eye smile.

What inside him makes him smile like that? Hoseok wondered.

"Come to eat. My mom is calling." Jimin said his eyes still focused on the black haired silent boy in the small room.

"Mom?" Hoseok croaked his voice scratchy from the sobbing that he had done the night before.

"Y-yeah?" the small boy blinked and breaking into a grin as he finally got the silent boy to speak.

"Your mom runs this place?" The silent boy asked again and Jimin nodded enthusiastically opening his mouth to explain how wonderful his mom and dad was to give him more children to play with when he got cut off.

"My mo-"

"Tell her to let me go." Hoseok demanded harshly making the younger boy flinch.

"H-hyun-"

"I said to ask her to let me go!" Hoseok suddenly yelled and Jimins lower lip started wobbling but Hoseok scoffed at the younger, annoyed by his sunshine personality.

The door was suddenly thrown open and a kind looking lady with Jimin's eyes scrambled in, immediately swooping the now crying Jimin into her arms whispering soft nothings into her ears as the younger buried his fluffy head into his mothers neck.

Hoseok looked away, guilt was chipping away in his heart but seeing Jimin's mom made him remind of his own mom.

He expected the lady to take her own son and leave to comfort him but what the woman did next surprised him.

She sat a healthy distance from Hoseok but still not to far away, settling her son into her lap as she comforted him.

Hoseok looked away, only realizing that he was crying when he felt a warm calloused yet soft hand, much like his mother's graze his cheeks, drying away his tears.

Hoseok's tear eye filled eyes closed as he felt a mother's touch again and he threw his head back and began sobbing, heartbreak pouring relentlessly down his cheeks. Soon, he was pulled against the warm and soft body of the woman who smelled like lavender and vanilla. He couldn't help but curl up right up beside Jimin on her lap.

"I-I'm s-sorry." Hoseok whispered with his eyes closed, apologizing to both of them.

Jimngs wide eyes peeked from beneath his chubby fingers as he peaked at the elder as he calmed down.

"Its o-okay!" Jimin cheered little fists curled in happiness, despite the tear tracks still visible on his cheeks, as he saw his mother nod approvingly at both of them.

"I'm sorry." Hoseok repeated now looking the woman in her eyes.

"Its okay Hoseok." Her voice was even melodious than his own Mom's. "We are there for you."

"I'm Jung Hoseok." He held a hand to shake the younger boy's hand.

"Hoseokie hyung?" Jimin asked with the eye smile again

Hoseok nodded smiling even though he couldn't bring himself to feel it.

"Seokie hyung!"

That was the first time he learned that his smiles hurt less. 

And the fact that it was his best mask.

_____________________________________________________

DOUBLE UPDATE! SURPRISE!

its hilarious to see you guys barely even vote for fillers and then actively comment on the chapters with the plot twist XDXD