Prologue

Jewel

"Caleb if you don't shut the hell up, imma have to kill you at this point!" I groaned.

He was literally singing at the top of his lungs while I was watching Law&Order. Like.. that's a crime in my house.

"It's just a show! I'm trying to get this run on point," he sighed clearing his throat and trying it again.

"Yea and you're gonna be in the next episode: 'Boy gets throat cut out of his neck by his best friend'," I groaned.

"Make that 'best friendsssss'," Rose spat, shaking her head.

It was Zion, Rose and myself in my house. We were having our casual sleepovers. Since kindergarten, we were like the three musketeers. Inseparable.

Thing is... Ive always had a small crush on Zion. Ok lies. Major crush. I tried dating other guys but it never seemed to work out. And believe me I had guys lined up since I was 10. Zion on the other hand... usually had bad luck with girls until high school in his junior year when he lost weight and began singing.

But he'll never know how I feel.

Zion's phone rang and he looked at it questioningly.

"Who is it?" Rose asked.

"Unknown- Hello?" He asked. "Yes this is him speaking... Yes. Saturday? New York City?! Yes yes. I'm down. Thank you so much. Yes you can reach me here. Thank you. Bye bye."

He dropped his phone as Rose and I stood up.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I have an audition for a boy band in New York City at 12 on Saturday for Simon Cowell," he spat quickly. And Rose and I screamed instantly.

"Dude my dad can drive us! Road trip?" I asked.

"Yes! That would be so dope I would love if you guys came with me!" Zion smiled.

"I'm so proud of you."

New York City

Zion held open the door for Rose and I and we gasped at the decor. I always loved music and being close to these music awards is giving me the flu.

We were escorted in a big room where three other boys were waiting with I assume their parents. Zion sat down at the table while a man came in.

"Parents come with me," he ordered and the parents left the room. Rose and I looked at the other three guys and i heard Rose gasp at one of them.

"Nick Mara?" She asked looking at the one with dark hair and pale skin. First of all. He's gorgeous. Second of all they're all gorgeous.

"Yes how do you know me?" He asked smiling.

"I was a major ICONiac back in junior high school. Tell Madison my 11 year old self loves him," Rose replies and everyone laughed.

"I'm Austin hi!" A tall kid with long blonde hair smiled coming to us. We shook hands as Rose and I introduced ourselves.