Chapter 30

Zion

"So you're not over me?" She asked.

I couldn't even look at girls. I tried hooking up a few times but it was just not working. Every single time it just stopped. I had to stop it. I couldn't bring myself to get close to any girl that wasn't Jewel. Getting over her is seriously impossible I don't know how Edwin is doing it.

"No. I'm not over you. I couldn't even look at a girl. It was hard," I laughed embarrassed.

"Zion it's just me. I'm sure you can get over it. Edwin is-"

"Edwin didn't love you like I did," I spat and she snapped her head at me. I got to my feet and scratched my head looking at the poster.

"Why would you say that?" She hissed with her voice cracking.

"Because it's true. I loved you enough to the point I let you go to have a chance at something better," I replied turning towards her.

"And I hated you for that. I hated you for leaving me because I know that deep down you knew there was something there. And you left. And I felt passed. You can't blame no one but yourself-"

"Jewel I know that! I'm so sorry for leaving you. I'm so sorry for making you feel it wasn't mutual. It always was," I said walking to her.

"Zion. The night you came back I cried like a baby. We even had a moment and I knew you felt it too. You had your shots. Multiple actually and you never took it. I'm over it Zion," she sighed covering her face.

"Over what?"

"Waiting for you. Like I been over it," she mumbled shaking her head.

"You don't got to wait anyways. I'm here-"

"Zion I need time. And I don't know if I want to be with you. I'm getting over Edwin," she interrupted.

My heart crushed. Those words cut deeper than I would have thought they would. I couldn't lose her again. That was not gonna happen.

"Take all the time you need. I'm not giving up this time," I replied softly. I kissed her forehead softly and she flinched at it. "When you're ready let me know."

There was a knock at the door and Edwin awkwardly stood there. I backed away from Jewel who looked the opposite way quickly.

"Sorry to interrupt uh- we're heading out Z," he said clearing his throat.

"Alright I'll be right down thanks," I replied.

Edwin saw the poster and saw the heart around my face. He stared at it for a moment and looked back at me. "Alright. Good night Jewel."

"Good night Edwin," she replied looking at him sadly.

He turned away and went back downstairs. After a few seconds she got to her feet and looked up at me.

"Imma go downstairs uh- I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked wrapping my arms around her. She returned the hug and nodded into my chest. "I can get you a new poster if you want."