Chapter 26

Jewel

"Goodbye Jewel."

He walked away from me and I took a step forward. No. I couldn't lose him.

"Edwin!" I cried out as my voice cracked. "Please don't!"

He continued walking and looked down walking a bit faster. I wanted to run but I couldn't even move. Or breathe.

"Edwin!" I screamed even louder as he continued to walk further and further away. Then suddenly..  he was gone. Like really gone. I covered my mouth and burst into tears again. I felt someone grab me and they hugged me.

"Love it's ok. It's ok I'm here," I heard Brandon mumble running his hand through my hair. I grabbed onto him for dear life. I couldn't handle this. Edwin is really gone.

After about five minutes I released Brandon and I wiped my face. Zion just stared at me with tear stained cheeks. I looked at Rose and she began walking towards me. Nick and Austin went back inside as us four approached each other.

"Are you ok?" Zion asked. I looked up at him with a look of disbelief and slapped him across his face.

"Oh shit..." Rose gasped covering her mouth. Zion clenched his eyes shut and breathed in deeply.

"You're seriously not asking me this question when this is YOUR FAULT!!!" I screamed hitting his chest. He rolled his eyes and grabbed both my arms tightly.

"What did I say about fucking hitting me?" He growled and I stared back at him with anger.

"You deserve to get hit by a fucking plane so don't even start with me!" I yelled pulling my arms away.

"Jewel you can blame me all you want but at the end of the day YOUR ASS could've told me how YOU felt this whole time as well! Before Edwin became a part of the picture!" Zion barked.

"First of all YOU left! And YOU cut ME off! What the fuck was I gonna do? You're really blowing mine right now Zion like yo," I hissed pacing back and forth.

"Jewel fuck look im sorry ok?! I know you heard what I said like dead ass I didn't feel good enough for you! That's why I kept it to myself!" He replied sighing in defeat.

"And it's your fault for assuming and now I lost Edwin who I love so fucking much and I don't even want to look at you," I hissed walking back inside the house.

Next Morning

We were all in the van on our way to the concert. It was intensely quiet and I barely had any sleep. An hour tops.

"Did anyone get into contact with Edwin?" Nick asked.

"Yea he texted me saying he'll meet us there for the show," Austin replied and my heart skipped multiple beats. Rose grabbed my hand and I squeezed it lightly. What am I gonna do?

We arrived at the venue and we climbed out. There was already a line of fans outside and they screamed at the sight of us. We quickly went inside and I sighed.

"Nice place," Austin smirked looking around. It was nice. One of the biggest actually.

I sat on the stage and the fans began screaming again. The doors opened and my heart dropped.  Edwin walked in and we met eye contact instantly. And I felt the heaviness of my heart rising again.

"Edwin!" Nick smiled running to him. Everyone but Zion and I approached him and I envied them. I wanted to run to him but I knew I should just leave it be.

Just let him go Jewel.

-

I was backstage as the guys began doing vocal exercises and I stood by Rose.

"Alright guys. Tonight we're here for Brandon's family. Anything going on we're putting it to the side for them and giving them a good show," Nick said as they huddled. They all nodded and began chanting.

"Ok guys we'll be in the front row! Good luck and kill shit!" Rose smiled and she pulled me outside in the crowd. We stood front row and waited for the boys to come out.

"MAKE SOME NOISE FOR PRETTYMUUUUUCH!!!" The dj yelled and the fans went crazy. Teacher was of course amazing and so were the rest. But Open Arms is what got to me.

Zion came center stage and sang his solo looking right at me. "Girl you could tear me apart. But I can't help it, I'm waiting. Here with open arms. Oh! So when you're ready, you know where to find me!"

Then Edwin came around him and sang his part, "Got that key to your heart. Scrape my knees on the pavement. Here with open arms. So when you're ready you know where to find me!"

And I can tell he was emotional. He looked down at me and I felt my heart jump. He looked at Zion and they exchanged intense glances. Edwin wiped his mouth and continued with the song.

I can't fucking breathe.

-

We were all at the airport going through bag check then we all got to separate to different gates. Once we passed security we all huddled on the side. We said bye to Austin, and Brandon also left. Nick said bye and he engaged in conversation with Zion.

Edwin looked over at me and I stared back. He walked over to me and I already felt emotions run through me. I met him half way and I took a deep breath in.

"Jewel I..."

"Edwin I'm so sorry for all of this. I never wanted this to happen. I just wanted to grow with you and-"

"Jewel. I'll be alright and I'm sorry for walking away like that. We need closure," he sighed looking away and I felt my heart break even more. I nodded slowly already feeling my eyes get heavy.

"I'm not going to NYC. I'm going to DR for a long while. I need the space from the boys and-"

"Me."

He looked down and nodded. "Jewel... I love you and I'll always care about you... but I just can't. I don't hate you. Zion... I don't know if I can ever be the same with him but... I guess time can tell. Have a safe trip back home."

"I love you too Edwin. You too," I choked out and I played with my fingers.

He stared at me for a moment and brought me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around him tightly and he rested his forehead on my shoulder. He parted from me and slammed his lips on mine. I gripped his jacket and he pulled me by my hair. Tears poured down my face as we deepened the kiss knowing this is the last time we will ever kiss. Or be this intimate.

He stopped kissing me and we rested our foreheads against each other's. I rubbed circles on his cheeks and his hands roamed down my body drawing circles on my lower back.

"Bye Jewel," he mumbled.

"Bye Edwin," I sighed letting tears fall down freely. He stared at me for a moment and he smiled sadly. He took in a deep shaky breath and grabbed his suitcase. He turned around and walked away. Again.

I turned around and noticed Nick also left. Zion looked at me sadly and looked down in guilt. I could tell he felt like absolute shit. Rose came to me and sighed bringing me a in a long hug. I felt my phone vibrate and saw Unknown texted the group chat again.

Unknown: aww bitter sweet moment Edwin and Jewel? Btw...I'm just getting started.