Chapter 39

Rose

I turned on the shower and stripped down. I put the clothes in a bag and tied it. I hopped in the shower and flinched at the hot water streaming down my body making any minor cuts sting.

But regardless of the stinging it felt good to shower. I washed my hair and aggressively scrubbed my body down. I dried myself down and wrapped my body in my towel. I scrubbed my face and brushed my teeth. I lotioned my body down and sighed in satisfaction. I feel like a brand new person.

I pulled on my sweats and felt something lowering on my back. I turned around and saw blood trickling down my spine. I covered my front side and opened the door.

"Where's Jewel?" I asked realizing Nick was the only one in the room.

"She went to answer a call," he replied. "You ok?"

"No uh I just- I'm bleeding on my back and I need help cleaning it up," I sighed awkwardly.

His mouth formed an 'o' and put his hands in his pockets, "I mean. I don't mind helping you."

"Um. Yea ok. Sure," I mumbled clearing my throat.

I held onto my towel tighter and grabbed the first aid kit. I went into my room and sat next to him on my bed. I turned my back towards him and through my mirror I saw his face fall in sadness. He wiped his face and began cleaning it up. I felt my heartbeat faster and faster with every touch.

"Rose," he said and I turned my head towards him. "Relax. I'm not gonna hurt you. Ok? Breathe."

I nodded slowly and took a deep breathe. He finished up and I felt better. Nick relaxed me. Which I knew he would. He's the calmest in the group.

"Hey I'm- what the fuck?" Jewel asked stopping at the door.

"Oh relax it's not like that. I was cleaning her wound up," he laughed and I went to my bathroom. I pulled on a sweatshirt and walked back in my room. Jewel raised an eyebrow at me and returned the expression.

"What?" I asked.

"You don't dress like that," she replied.

"I do now. Shit happens," I groaned putting my sneakers on.

"Stop. Stop. You're not doing this-"

"Jewel you don't know what happened to me so leave me alone-"

"No bitch. I'm your best friend and I'm gonna ride this out with you," she spat and I looked down. "Rose... what happened?"

We sat in a circle on my bed and I sighed.

"I was going in the bathroom. And a guy barged in and raped me on the spot. Then I blanked out. I woke up in a basement and he hit me with a bat. Multiple times. All day. He raped me twice. But the guy who hit me was a different person. There's a team. Unknown isn't just one person," I stammered and Nick covered his mouth. Jewel's eyes watered up and she grabbed my hand.

"I'm sorry Rose. And you were a... I'm sorry," Jewel sighed with a tear streaming down her face.

"You were a virgin?" Nick asked shocked. I nodded slowly and looked down.