Chapter 5

Rose

"Wait So you have your own producing studio?" I asked in shocked.

"Yea it's not really a big deal. I built it on my own. Something small," Brandon replied.

"Oh please. We seen it. It's dope. He even had a few people use it," Nick said.

"Really? I didn't know you also produced. I love making music," I smiled.

"Wait you're musically inclined? What do you do?" Brandon asked and now Austin looked at me as Nick listened in while he drove.

"I sing, I write, I produce and I play the keyboard and guitar," I replied and they widened their eyes.

"We got to work on something together. I don't know people who do all the above," Brandon suggested.

"Really? Wow. That'll be great," I smiled.

"Do you have anything on you?" Brandon asked. I took out my phone and handed him a video of one of my recordings on Beneath Your Beautiful. "I sang this at my audition."

"I know. I remember. You inspired me," I replied and he stared at me for a moment. He smiled to himself and listened to the video.

"Oh nah guys hear this-"

"Brandon no it's not good-"

"Shut your mouth. Listen she's amazing," Brandon smiled as he took out the headphones. The guys listened in and they were shocked.

"It's not all that," I laughed nervously.

Brandon shook his head and said, "It's perfect. What does Andrew think about your passion?"

"Passion? No no. Him and I spoke about it and we agreed it's unrealistic for me to make it," I replied. More like he did.

"Wait what? With this kind of talent I'm sure you'll make it asap," he snapped widening his eyes. "He doesn't support you?"

"Can we drop it?" I asked. He stared at me for a moment and looked out the window nodding.

Jewel

We were all laid out across the living room eating pizza deciding what movie to watch. Once Mama Kuwonu saw all of us walk through the door she threw multiple blankets, pillows, her wallet at us for food and said good night.

Love her.

I was next to Edwin while Zion laid by my feet. I poked his back with my feet while he typed away on his phone.

"Zion give your phone a break," I teased tickling his side. He giggled lightly and continued texting.

"He's probably texting Ana. As fucking always," Nick laughed shaking his head. And I felt a tug at my chest.

"Ana?" I asked questioningly. Zion looked me and looked back down seriously. I snatched his phone standing up and he stood up with me trying to take it. I looked through the messages and saw that he was sexting a girl.

Anastasia.

"Jewel let me explain-"

"How long have you been talking to her?" I asked and he sighed not answering me. I scrolled quickly up their conversation and saw it dated back all the way to last year. Everyday they spoke.

"Wait you know Ana?" Brandon asked and Rose gasped.

"Anastasia?" She asked standing to her feet and crossing her arms. She stood beside me and all the guys stood quiet unsure what to do.

"Jewel, Rose I-"

"YOU stood in contact with HER but not with US?!" I growled throwing his phone at him.

"Yes but it was just fun and games it wasn't like she was important to me-"

"You stood in contact with a bitch you don't even care about who tortured Rose and I for years and also YOU might I add but you couldn't even send a hello at least once in a while?! And you're actually flirting and shit with her?!" I yelled and Zion bit down on his jaw.

"First of all what I do with her is none of your business Jewel. Second of all I told you what it was between her and I even though again it was none of your business. And third, contact goes both ways. I never received anything from your side either," he barked grabbing his phone.

Rose raised her eyebrows at Zion and looked at me sadly. She knew. She knew that just tore me apart. I just stared at him.

"No Zion. You just turned into a self absorbed asshole," I mumbled and pushed pass him.

I walked outside and sat on the porch. Zion changed a lot. He never hid things from me. Ever. We told each other everything.

But Anastasia? Of all people? She spread countless rumors about us three and now he's receiving naked photos of her and enjoying it. Like who is he now?

"Hey..."

I looked up and saw Edwin coming towards me. He closed the door and I looked forward again.

"You want company?" He asked softly and I shrugged. He sat next to me and sighed. "Who's Anastasia?"

"She and her group of friends bullied us three for years. Particularly me because of my hair and wardrobe back in the day. She made fun of Rose's body for being so skinny and pale. And Zion... used to be a chubby kid with a high pitched voice. And she honestly made me and Rose depressed. And he's with her now? That's just bull shit bro," I sighed feeling tears come down my face.

"Can I ask you something?" Edwin asked nervously. "Did you and Zion ever have a thing or something?"

I looked at him taken aback and shook my head. "No. Just friends."

"No secret feelings?" He asked. "You seem pretty jealous also. And he seems jealous when I come around you too."

"No way. I used to have a crush on him but that was a very long time ago. I'm upset because of what she did to us and suddenly that doesn't matter. He didn't talk to me or Rose for a year but messed around with her. And it hurts to be honest. Zion? He only sees me as a friend. He's just overprotective of me I guess. I been hurt a lot," I explained and he simply nodded to himself. "Why?"

"Well that's good to hear. Because I want to make sure I'm not intruding in anything between you two when I ask you out on a date for tomorrow," he smirked wrapping an arm around me.

My eyes widened and I'm pretty sure I'm sweating. Fuck.

"I guess you can be at my house by 7?" I smirked looking at him. He bit his lip and smiled happily.

"I guess I'll be there," he whispered as he kissed my cheek lightly.