Chapter 6

Zion

Edwin and Jewel walked in happy with his arm wrapped around her and I sighed. I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have done a lot of things but I'm not going there.

But right now...

Practically letting Edwin go after her is one of my biggest regrets right now. I wanted to be the one to make her feel better and make her smile like that. At least I used to. She glanced at me and I pouted lightly.

"I'm sorry Jewel. I know I spoke out my ass. I just.. I lost my way a bit. But I love you alright? Always have," I sighed and she rolled her eyes. She opened her arms and I smiled walking into them.

"I know it's been rocky between us but we'll go back to normal," she sighed hugging me. I rubbed her back and again felt the familiar feeling of home. And my chest began to ache. She's not mine.

"Rose we good?" I asked turning to her. She shrugged her shoulders and continued texting. "Rose."

"Honestly Zion I don't like how you're talking and acting. Just give me time to get used to this," she said casually looking up at me seriously.

"I'm sorry Rose. Just give me time and I'll make it up to you guys I promise," I replied letting out my hand to Rose. She rolled her eyes and we did our regular handshake except at the end she gave me her middle finger.

"You guys decided on a movie?" Edwin asked as he sat on the floor with Jewel.

"Yea we decided to watch IT. The new one," Brandon smirked as he searched for it.

"Yea they're trying to kill me," Rose sighed shaking her head.

"I forgot you're scared of clowns," I laughed with the guys shaking my head.

"I forgot that ya can all go to hell," she groaned. Brandon got to his feet and sat beside her offering her pizza. "Ok you got me."

Next Morning

The boys went to the hotel to get their things. We're gonna end up staying at my place for the remainder of our break. I was with Brandon Rose and Jewel listening to Rose and Brandon do random mash ups.

"You guys blend really nicely," I smirked and they smiled to themselves. "Are you guys gonna record a duet one day?"

"If she'll like it'll be an honor," Brandon smiled at her as he played on the keyboard. 

"Your honor? More like my honor Mr. Simon Cowell picked me out in Texas," Rose replied joining him on the keyboard and the way they followed each other easily was insane. It took the boys and I a while to keep up with his vibe.

"I don't know what to wear tonight. I'm nervous," Jewel sighed.

"For?" I asked as I played a video game on my phone.

"I'm going on a date with Edwin," she replied.

And my character fucking died. I looked up at her and she was already looking at me.

"What?" I managed to spit out. Brandon and Rose stopped playing and looked at me questioningly.

"I just said I'm going on a date with-"

"No I heard you. But why?" I asked locking my phone and putting it on the bed.

"Because I want to..." she replied crossing her arms. "Why? I thought you'll be happy for me."

"Well I'm not," I said leaning forward and she stepped towards me obviously getting upset.

"And why not? Edwin seems pretty cool so far and I'm interested," she spat crunching her eyebrows together.

"I knew you had a thing for him. Your poster said it all," I groaned shaking my head. Zion stop being an ass. Stop being an ass.

"Yea the poster said a lot of other things too but you're so fucking oblivious!" She yelled ripping it down from her wall. She ripped it in pieces and said, "Now there's another message you can read into."

"Stop being so damn dramatic Jewel!" I barked and she turned to me in disbelief.

"God Zion shut up," Brandon groaned in annoyance.

"Mind your business-"

"Alright you're not talking to me like I'm your bitch. Why is it a problem for you she goes out with Edwin? You know him and he's a good guy. Does she not deserve that?" Brandon barked and I stood quiet.

"Honestly. Zion she had to swallow her pain and let you leave and you disappeared and she was still happy for you. Because after everything you went through you deserved it in her eyes. Be happy for her now," Rose spat shaking her head at me. Jewel continued to stare at me hurt and I sighed.

"Alright. Fine. If you want to go on the date with Edwin I'm cool with it. I swear to god if he hurts you bro imma kill the both of y'all. It's a little weird because that's my band mate and I live with him but it's whatever. I'll get used to it I guess," I sighed and Jewel nodded at me.

"I'm gonna go home and find an outfit. Rose coming with?" Jewel asked grabbing her purse.

"Um duh who else is gonna do your makeup?" She laughed getting to her feet. I got to my feet and sighed as Jewel came to me.

"Have fun alright? Be careful please," I mumbled kissing her head hugging her tightly. Brandon stared at me and I looked away from him quickly. He be knowing shit.

"I will. I'll tell you everything later," she replied returning the hug. She kissed my cheek and skipped off excitedly out the door. Rose stared at me and sighed.

"Thank you. I know it hurt. But she needs to live her life Zion. Take it easy," Rose mumbled and I nodded at her. She also be knowing shit. She knows my feelings for Jewel. She caught on the year before I left. She kissed my cheek and left as well.

The door closed and I collapsed on my bed.

"So... how long have you been in love with your best friend?" Brandon asked and I groaned out loud.