Chapter 2

The Concert - Zion

I was staring at my lock screen for the past 10 minutes. It was a picture of Rose, Jewel and I at a school dance. I haven't been in Canada in a year and Ive barely spoken to them. Well I haven't at all actually. Things been so hectic in the music business and I didn't want to burden them with all of this stress. I wanted to be strong and make them proud and come back as someone they can be proud of.

"Yo bro."

I looked up and saw Edwin walking to me.

"Yea?" I asked.

"You think they'll come to the show tonight?" He asked sitting next to me glancing at my lock screen.

"I don't know. If they do I'll be one happy mother fucker to be honest. You guys are my brothers but those girls are my life. I miss them so much," I admitted locking my phone.

"Just have hope they'll come. If they are as true as you say they are, they'll be there cheering you on," he smiled patting my back.

"Thanks bro," I smiled.

"No problem. Let's go. It's showtime."

Jewel

We weren't at the front but we were like basically the second row. I was in a swarm of fan girls and I wanted to die.

"This concert better be good," I groaned glaring at Rose.

"They're amazing actually. Music is on point and they get so hype," Rose smiled.

"You follow them? Like watch their stuff?" I asked shocked.

"Yea of course. There's this song I fucking love and I'm sure you'll love it too," she replied.

The lights began to go crazy and you heard the dj yell, "Are you ready?!"

The fans began screaming loudly and you heard harmonies coming from the back.

"Yo it's PRETTYMUCH!"

Zion.

The boys ran on stage singing their song Teacher. They were extremely energetic and I recognized Austin, Nick, Brandon, Edwin and there he was. Zion. Looking fucking gorgeous.

"It's your birthday! Every single day is your birthday! I can make you feel like Tinashe! In every way yea, yea. And when the beat drops, we'll keep on dancing cause we can't stop. We'll be connected like a hotspot. I got WiFi, girl!" Zion sang dancing around flawlessly.

My eyes couldn't leave him. He looked so happy and carefree dancing across the stage with the boys. Rose and Andrew were dancing along with the crowd and I moved slightly to not be so awkward around all of these hyper girls but I felt so weak. I shouldn't have came.

A few songs later they slowed things down and began singing Open Arms. Brandon began singing it and Zion was looking over the crowd.  I knew he was looking to see if he recognized anyone since this is his hometown. His eyes wandered and as he got closer to me my heart beat faster.

Then it happened.

We made eye contact. He froze on stage and Rose smiled at me. I stood with a straight face and he was completely stunned.

His part came and without breaking eye contact he sang, "Girl you can tear me apart. But I can't help it I'm waiting, here with open arms. When you ready you know where to find me!"

He bit his lip as Brandon nudged him a bit to stay in focus. Zion nodded and continued to perform. I felt tears stinging in my eyes and I knew he sang that part to me purposely.

"Imma go. You guys can stay," I announced and Rose got serious.

"Jewel-"

"I'm fine. I just can't anymore. I'm happy I saw him but I can't take it anymore. I need to go. But no worries I'll make an Uber call," I spat quickly and headed out the crowd. I made my way out the venue and placed an order on Uber.

Home

I watched Rose's Facebook live to watch the rest of the concert. It's better in the comfort in my home to freely cry my eyes out. But the concert ended an hour ago and I couldn't sleep. I couldn't even think. I really saw him today.

After a year.

He was wearing ripped jeans and a black and red supreme sweater and red Nike's. His chain. His dreads. His smile. His voice. He can die like.

Thunder roared outside and the rain was so loud hitting the ground. Branches were flying everywhere along with leaves and random garbage.

Me: bitch you home safe?

Rose🌹: Yea hoe thanks ❤️

Me: ok good 😘

Rose🌹: I'm sorry if I made things worst. I just really want things to get cleared out

Me: I know and I don't regret going. Honestly I'm ok. Not really but I'm happy for him. They got so good. I'm glad to have seen the before the fame

Rose🌹: Same ❤️ the show was good. They sang a few new songs and I was so hype.

Me: lml I bet. Imma go to bed. Night 💕

Rose🌹: night 😘

I locked my phone and sighed deeply. My doorbell rang and I looked at my door confused. Who the hell is outside in this weather? Wait I have no friends except Rose to be knocking on my door.

I went to my door and opened it.

He was dripping in water with his lips quivering. He was soaked from head to toe and it was obvious he was out there longer than he should have been. Maybe contemplating or working up the balls to actually ring my bell. He stared at me in sorrow and bit his lip obviously trying to keep from crying.

I beat him to it. Tears were pouring down my face and I covered my mouth with my hand in shock. This isnt real.

"Zion..."