Chapter 22

Rose

I burst through the doors of the hospital and ran a hand through my hair, gripping it tightly. I ran to the main desk and said "M-Mara. Uh Nick Mara-"

"Rose!"

I turned around and saw Chris. I ran to him with Jewel behind me and immediately gave him a hug. "Where is he? Is he going to be ok?"

"Yea the nurse said he's going to be ok.  We're waiting for more information from the doctor though just in case," he replied as we followed him to a room. We entered and i saw Nick staring at the ceiling. He met eye contact with me and i burst into tears.

"Hey its ok. Im ok!" he croaked as i walked over to him. I hugged him lightly careful not to hurt him and he wrapped an arm around me.

"What happened?" i asked wiping my tears.

"I got a call from an unknown number saying 'Now its your turn' and then a car came out of no where full speed. I jumped back but it caught my leg and its hurting like crazy," he explained.

"I got a phone call too! Talking something bad about my friend and i didnt know what was going on or with who until i got a call from Chris. And here we are now," I sighed in frustration. What the fuck is going on?

"Do you think it has something to do with Andrew?" Jewel asked and i stared at her.

"He... He wouldnt go this far.." i mumbled covering my face. Would he?

"Wait. That makes sense," Nick replied crunching his eyebrow. "Before i went in the house he did say to watch our back ... you know whats. First of all i can take his bitch."

I looked at him with a disgusted face and he processed what he said. "Oh shit besides you. This is awkward now. Let me text our groupchat"

I laughed at his remark and Nick grabbed his phone.

Nick: Guys.. i got hit by a car.

Zion: WTF R U GOOD WTF

Brandon: ... wtf happened?!!!!

Austin: I feel attacked.

Edwin: What hospital u at? Imma go to you.

Nick: Im fine. Leg is fucked up but im fine. Ill be ok. We'll talk when we're all together in Texas. I dont think it was an accident. And Englewood. Right over the bridge.

Edwin: Be there in 30

Brandon: Take it easy Nick. Talk when ya all get here man..

Austin: I wish i wasnt so far 😔

Nick: Ok B and Austin no worries bro ill see you in Texas

-

"Mr.Mara? Nicholas Mara?"

A nurse walked in and Jewel, Nick and i got out the chat. Chris stood by Nick and Jewel and i was holding his arm on his other side.

"Yes ma'am," he replied.

"Yes. So i have some news. You may want to prepare yourself," she sighed walking in front of him. I exchanged worried glances with Jewel and i intertwined my fingers with Nick's. He squeezed his grip as his face went vulnerable. He was definitely scared.