Chapter 23

Edwin

It was the day of the funeral.

It was currently 3 in the morning and i was walking around the airport waiting for Nick. He started therapy last week. He's fine. The surgery wasn't perfect but after therapy he'll be as good as new.

I on the other hand was losing my mind. The picture of Zion and Jewel has been bothering me the past two weeks. My mind kept remembering times where their friendship seemed a bit.. more. And i being naive as i am... i pushed it out of my mind. I tried ignoring it and now i cant push it out of my mind. His jealousy attacks.. it was NOT out of protection. I know it wasn't.... Her crying over every argument especially the ones with Anastasia.. I cant stop thinking about it.

"Bro you good?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Nick looking at me concerned. He had a knee brace on and still had some scratches on his face. But he looked a thousand times better than what he looked like in the hospital.

"Yea. Yea bro im good. I'm just tired," i laughed running my hands through my face.

"I cant wait to see the guys man. Especially Brandon. He must be going through it. Thank God Zion went over there to help him" Nick smiled sitting next to me.

"Yea. Right," i laughed sarcastically.

"Um.. Whats going on?" Nick asked crossing his arms. I stared at him for a moment and sighed. I unlocked my phone, opened the message with the unknown texter and handed my phone to him. He took it in his hand and read through it. "And? Come on this is bull shit. They always fighting, crying and making up. They probably had an argument and made up."

"No Nick..." i sighed and i told him everything that was going through my mind. Every off moment and suspicion i had from the moment i met her. Nick raised his eyebrows and shook his head.

"You think they're having an affair?" he asked.

"No... I don't know. I trust Jewel but then why did she lie about making up with him? And I think Zion also needed Brandon. Plus.. Brandon and Zion did get closer than usual since we met the girls. I feel like something heavy went down and he ran to Brandon."

"Oh shit. I don't know bro.... i did question Rose once and she did say they had a complicated friendship and timing. Whatever that means," Nick said and i rolled my eyes.

Its not just me questioning it. I knew it.

-

Rose: Hey guys, Jewel and i arriving a half an hour before the funeral starts so we have no time to go to the house first. We're going straight there.

Zion: Ok sounds good. See ya later. The rest, where r yall?

Me: Open the door

Austin: 10 minutes away

Nick and i rolled our suitcases on the sidewalk and walked up to Brandon's house. The door opened and Zion came outside. I was excited but at the same time i was angry seeing him right now. I had too many mixed emotions running through me.

"Fucking finally!" he smiled running to us. He hugged Nick and then hugged me. I hesitantly returned the hug and fake smiled. After the funeral we're settling this.