Chapter 24

Authors Note: Warning. This chapter may trigger people who's suffered a loss. I apologize for any rough emotions in advance 😔❤️

Rose

I walked over to the boys and Angie's eyes never left mine. I looked away from her and went straight to Zion.

"BESTIIIEEEE!" He smiled hugging me. I returned the hug and smiled.

I jumped on Austin since I haven't seen him in the longest and hugged Nick, Edwin and Noah. I glanced at Brandon who's eyes were on me. He looked away sad and I sighed. I wanted to comfort him but that ... Angie. She has a name don't be mentally disrespectful and say something else. Jewel was next to Edwin, and Zion and her exchanged quick glances. Lord Christ what a mess we are.

"Hey it's time to go inside," this lady said.

"Ok mom," Brandon replied and I studied the woman. She was stunning. Just like him.

She went back inside and a swarm of people went inside. Brandon ran a hand through his hair and Angie grabbed his other arm. He nodded to her and they walked inside. We followed them in the hall and Brandon stopped at the doorway before entering the main room.

"You coming in?" Angie asked.

"I just need a minute go ahead," he replied breathing hard. The boys went ahead and she stood with Brandon but he didn't relax. Fuck it.

"Brandon," I choked out and his head immediately lifted to face me. Angie looked at me and smirked lightly. I took a step to him and I felt my breath rush out of me.

"You're talking to me?" He asked quickly walking to me.

"Yea Brandon I'm here for you ok?" I sighed wrapping my arms around him tightly. He squeezed me very tight and I rubbed his back soothingly. I was shaking. I was still hurt by him but right now it wasn't about me. It was about his sanity.

"Thank you for coming. It means a lot Marie," he replied smiling lightly.

"Of course. But you need to listen to me now ok?"

"I'm scared. I can't-"

"I know B. My mom passed away when I was a kid. It ruined my childhood and it wasn't easy. I know how you feel. But you need to go inside and face it. It's hard I know but you have to accept the reality. And I'll be right next to you ok?" I said holding his face. He bit his lip nervously and nodded. Brandon looked back at Angie and told her to come over. Alright now he's pushing it.

Angie approached us and Brandon wrapped an arm around her and she said, "What's up?"

"Angie. This is Rosemarie. The girl I was telling you about. Rose this is my childhood best friend Angelica but call her Angie," Brandon said.

"I've heard a lot and I literally mean SO MUCH about you-"

"Angie shut it thanks," Brandon groaned pushing her.

I laughed slightly and took out my hand, "I'm Rose. Wait so you guys never...?"

"Well yea we did go out. We were each other's first everything but let's just say it was disastrous," Angie laughed shaking her head. "You have nothing to worry about love. Just friends."