Chapter 21

Brandon

My eyes snapped open and I rubbed my eyes as I yawned. I looked to my side and saw Angie right asleep. I sat up in the bed and put my shirt back on. No nothing went down. We just made out a little and stopped there.

Let me explain.

Angie and I were each other's first everything. Kiss. Sexual encounters. Love. But it was beyond toxic. So we remained friends and whenever we needed certain things we would 'help' each other out. There are no romantic feelings between us and there hasn't been in more than two years. She's simply a best friend now. Her and Noah know me more than anyone. And I really needed her since Noah wasn't in town until the night before the funeral.

My phone vibrated and I saw a text from Zion.

Zee💥: Just got off the plane. I'm taking an Uber to your place so I should be there in like 15/20 minutes.

Me: ok bet. Angie is here. Should she leave?

Zee💥: Yes... Just because of Rose.

Me: Rose?
Oh wait.
I'm slow of course she's pissed with me right now dammit!

Zee💥: yes she is. We got a lot to talk about sir

Me: of course we do.

I exited out the chat and made a new group chat with Jewel and Rose.

Me: I really want you two here. I'll fly you guys out myself the morning of. When you're about to land text me and I'll pay for an Uber. Thank you 😔💕

Jewel☺️: No problem Brandon. I'm sorry for your loss ❤️

Me: Thank you so much 😔

Marie😔💕: I'll be there. I'm sorry for your loss.

Me: Thank you ❤️

I locked my phone and slammed a pillow on Angie's head. She woke up with a straight face and I laughed.

"What the fuck Brandon?!" She yelled.

"Watch your mouth! Jesús why the profanity?" I groaned getting to my feet.

"Yo you couldn't just say 'wake up Angie ' like a normal human being?" She replied rubbing her eyes and sitting up.

"What's the fun in that?" I laughed walking into my private bathroom.

"So you woke me up because?" She asked getting on her phone.

"Zion is coming over. He wants alone time," I replied as I finished washing my face. I walked back in my room and she got to her feet.

"Ok no problem I'll get out of your way then," she sighed grabbing her bag. She out on her shoes and walked over to me.

"Text me when you get home ok?" I commanded giving her a hug. She returned the hug and nodded.

"I will. Love you!" She called as she walked out.

"Love you too! Be safe!" I replied as my phone rang.