Chapter 15

Gionni

"I ain't been back here in years" i said, pulling up in front of the project building I used to live in

"I ain't been back here in years" i said, pulling up in front of the project building I used to live in. "Shit still look the same"

"Thats your building right there" Lani asked pointing out the window.

"Yup, that was front window right there" i said, showing her a window on the sixth floor. "A lot of shit happened out here man" I said, giggling, thinking about some of the memories.

She chuckled, "You used to be one of them?" she said pointing to the many niggas standing in front of the building and the bodega.

"You got jokes?" I asked laughing. "But I was one of them for about 6 months, then I had to make niggas very aware of who I was" I said, pretty much keeping it short. "You getting out?" I asked.

"Sure" she said, unbuckling her seat belt.

I parked in front of the building and turned the car off, causing a lot of neck to break and stares. Because the windows were tinted on my car, nobody knew who I was at the moment, but they knew it was somebody "important" because how nice the car was. "Come on" I said, hopping out the car, going to meet her on the other side.

We walked up the pathway to the entrance of the building, which automatically caused a lot of attention. There were a few faces I recognized, but none I would call my friend. "Oh shit thats G" I heard one of the niggas standing in front of the building say.

"Wassup" I said, nodding in their direction. I was here for one reason, and didn't really have time to be bussing it up with these niggas I ain't talk to in years.

"OMG, East can I take a picture" a girl said running over to me screaming.

"Yeah, come on" I said scratching the back of my head. I should've known I wasn't gonna be in and out, especially coming without security. I just didn't feel the need for security in my hood, I was my own security, when I had street money.

After taking the picture, I grabbed Lani's hand again, seeing she looked uncomfortable as hell. Which made sense, cause she was so damn boujie, although she didn't have that great of a childhood, she never really lived the way I did. For instance, there was a time when I was broke, and had to find a way, Lani on the other hand came from money. Her pop was on some next level legal getting money shit, and when he died since she's the only kid, she got all of it.

"Damn East you came through the hood, without no security" one of the niggas I recognized, said coming over dapping me.

I slightly chuckled, grabbing the door, letting Lani in "Nah, ain't no need for it"

"Man, you come around here shinning and shit, you ain't old G no more" he said, and I still didn't get his point.

"I'm always G" I said plainly.

"I heard that... but damn bro you gotta put me on.. the bitches be on you" he said being hype as hell, making me cut my eyes over at Lani. "No disrespect to you ma"