Chapter 56

Jarell 

Two weeks later 

Two weeks later 

I leaned up against my car, eating some skittles as the gas pumped. I zipped my hoodie up feeling a quick wind brush across my face. "Hey Jarell" I heard, catching my attention. I looked up seeing it was Mya, wondering why the hell she was saying anything to me. I nodded my head, giving her a non verbal wassup. "Long time no see" 

"Mhm" I said, still eating my candy, wishing the gas would hurry the hell up. 

"You still messing with that girl?" she asked. 

"You follow me on the gram, don't you?" 

She rolled her eyes, "I see you haven't changed" she said. "You don't miss me?"

I chuckled, "Nah" I said, as the machine beeped letting me know it was finished.

"Come on Rell, we really used to vibe before she came along" I ignored her, as I detached the pump from my car, still chewing some skittles. "You gonna act like you don't remember, but we was good together" 

"We never was together though" I said matter factly. 

"We acted like it" 

"No, you acted like it.." I corrected her. "What's your angle right now?" I asked wanting to know why she was even talking to me right now. 

She looked around at the few other people pumping their gas, "We should get in" she said, giving a weird smirk. 

"Bye Mya" I said, opening my driver door and putting my foot in. 

"I know what you did.." she blurted out, making me raise my eyebrow. "Well not you but.. I know what happened." 

"You beating around the bush, fuck you talking about" I said turning towards her.  

"Can we get in?" she said more as a statement that a question this time. I let out a breathe as I fully stepped into the car and she followed getting in on the passenger side. 

"Talk" I said quickly, as soon as she closed the door. 

She sucked her teeth, "Well, you know how you got robbed a few weeks ago..." she said, instantly catching my attention. "And you found out that Jus set you up right.." 

"Fuck you keep stopping for... talk" I snapped. 

She rolled her eyes before starting again, "Justin and I started messing around since me and you stopped fucking with each other" . shrugged my shoulders, it figures, she was the senior whore of the school. "Well, I was there that day" she paused. 

"That day" I repeated. "What day?" I asked. 

"The day, you and him got into that fight outside of his mom's house" she said, and I turned my head, looking out the window. "I was in the window, I saw everything... You... your pop, the van.. I saw all of it"