Chapter 72

Milan

I sat on the couch sipping my glass if wine, with the fakest smile I ever had to put on in my entire life

I sat on the couch sipping my glass if wine, with the fakest smile I ever had to put on in my entire life. After a week of fake conversations, we had finally convinced the rapey officer bitch, Tiana, that we decided to put our differences aside and just accept her and her baby into our family. Yeah Right! I Just sat there quietly, watching G hold her baby as my blood boiled all while trying to keep a straight face. I watched as Kai walked over, trying to climb in G's lap probably because she was jealous he was holding another baby. 

"Aww it's okay" Tiana said, touching the curl that hung in Kai's face. 

I quickly hopped up, sweeping kai up in my arms all in one motion, as I eyed Tiana. No ma'am! I snapped myself back realizing I probably just broke character. "Want a snack" I said, walking out of the room carrying Kai. I walked into the kitchen sitting her on the end of the counter while I looked though the cabinets for a snack. "This" i said as I pointed at the many snacks she had to choose from. I stood in front of her, giving her the fruit snacks and she swung her feet without a care in the world. I shook my head, annoyed with all that was going on, during what was supposed to be a happy time for me.. shit for all of us. I was supposed to be worried about dress fittings and what kind of fucking flowers I wanted, yet here I am tricking a bitch into getting a DNA test for a baby who she thinks is my man's. Wtf !

"You good?" I looked up seeing G walking into the kitchen. I nodded my head, trying to wipe my eyes that had watered a bit, during my deep thoughts. "You're not, but that's okay" he paused. "I understand Lani" 

I shook my head, "I'm fine, just figured she needed a snack" 

He made a face " I know you like the back of my hand" 

"Can we just let it go.. please?" 

"Everything good?" Rell said walking in with his face scrunched up. 

"We good" G answered. 

"You cooking dinner or something?" Rell asked looking around. 

"No" I said. 

"Sooooo..???" he said, pointing back towards the living room where Tiana was. 

"What.. we can't just have company" I played it off, laughing. 

"Nah, y'all can" he raised his eyebrows. "It's just, when I came in the door, she looked like she was doing some sneaky shit" he shrugged his shoulders. 

G grabbed his arm, "Sneaky shit, like what?" 

"Y'all don't wanna tell me what's really going on sooo.." he said making a face, before trying to walk off again. 

"Jarell" I said, not even in the mood for the games. 

He chuckled, "Nah, it looked like she was going through the drawers" he paused, "But what do I know" he said shrugging his shoulders.