Chapter 45

Chyna 

"So basically all you have to do, is tell the truth" Pete said, as we sat across from each other at starbucks

"So basically all you have to do, is tell the truth" Pete said, as we sat across from each other at starbucks. "They're gonna try you, and see what you'll give up on Troy" 

I nodded my head, not even caring about none of this shit right now. At this moment, I could careless whether Troy was in jail or not. "But why do I have to even show up?"

"Well not showing up, or refusing to talk to them will only make this situation worst" 

"For me or for Troy?" I questioned. 

He made a thinking face, "Possibly both of you but mainly Troy" 

I rolled my eyes, "I just feel like this is none of my business, I barely knew the girl"

"But Troy knew her a little too much, which is why they feel you are questionable" He said. "As I told Gionni, they don't really want you, they know you didn't do it. They want you to talk, hoping you'd put Troy on the line...." he paused. "Which i'm hoping you won't?" he said, more as a question. 

"I should" i mumbled loudly, causing him to give me a look. "I won't, but what could they possibly wanna know from me, I'm just finding out shit about her now" I said, rolling my eyes. 

"I understand, but I'm sure you wouldn't want him to sit in prison for who knows how long. 

"Thats your job to make sure he isn't sitting, not mine" I said, clearly I was pissed and acting out of my feelings. I didn't fuck with the law just as much as Troy didn't so, there was no way, I'd tell them anything to help them.. I just was pissed. 

He chuckled, "Come on now Chyna, I know you gonna do us like that" 

I shook my head, "I gotta get back to work.." I said, standing up, putting my purse back on my shoulder. "What day these people plan on coming to talk to me." 

He shrugged his shoulders, slapping a twenty on the table paying for our coffee. "Could be any day, any minute." he said. "Most likely they'll come to your workplace, cause they know you won't want to cause a big scene and it's easier to get you to talk to them, so you can get them out of there" 

I nodded my head, "You know all their tricks, I see" I said, as we walked towards the exit. 

He shrugged his shoulders again, "I've been getting G outta shit for 10 years, you sorta pick up on everyones, tactics" 

"Makes since" I said, walking towards my car. "When they come, i'll talk to them.. but thats it from me.." I said matter factly. 

"Deal" he said, stepping into his car. 

........