Chapter 28

Rell

"Jarell take me off pause" Breah yelled through the phone

"Hold up B, i'm checking something real fast" I said, waiting for the page to load. It was the last week of school and graduation was in a few days, so I was anxious as fuck to see my grades, that determined if I was walking down that isle. "Oh shit, i'm the goat" I said, screen shotting the page.

"What?" she asked. and I didn't reply, just waited for the message to come through her phone. After about 10 seconds I heard her phone vibrate letting me know the picture came through, "Oh my god, all A's.. I'm so proud of you babe" she said, clicking back over onto the call, smiling.

"I'm proud of myself" I said. "That shit crazy, I ain't never expect to see no shit like that"

"You earned it though, you been working hard" she said.

"Facts, check yours"

"I am, i'm signing in now" she said, as I heard the keys on her laptop clicking.

"Ya boy really got straight A's in this bitch" I said, jumping up doing the milly rock.

"I got all A's too" she said, shrugging her shoulders.

"You always get straight A's, you not even surprised" I said, laughing.

"I know but this semester was a little hard"

"I'm glad this shit over" I said, grabbing my phone. "Can't wait to crip walk across that nut ass stage"

She chuckled, "You get on my nerves" she said. "Are you gonna be here for my graduation?"

"Most likely, you know I'm not trynna be in the city the same time as that other bs, but imma be there" I said.

"The funeral right?"

"Mhm"

"You sure you don't wanna go.. I mean, you're doing so good.. why not go so you can let go of that hurt" she said.

I sucked my teeth, "Let go of what hurt?" I questioned. "I don't care about that lady"

"Jarell, I know you care, you know you care.. which is why you should just go, you'll be in the city anyway" I didn't respond, I just looked at her. "I'll go with you...?"

"Idk, im not seeing the point, but since you, G or Lani won't leave it alone imma just stop by" I said, shaking my head. "I'm not staying long, and you're definitely going with me." I said, walking towards the door.

"Deal" she said, as I walked down the hall, towards G and Lani's room.

"You know it's tomorrow right?" I asked.

"Wait really" she said chuckling.

"Yup, so find something to wear, Ms. I'll go with you"