Chapter 32

Ashley

"You sure you wanna pull up to this together?" Izzy asked, me as we stopped at a red light

"Well I mean, you made a scene at the party last week so why not" I said, playfully rolling my eyes.

He chuckled, "I was just trynna congratulate you, thats all"

"I know.. I love my shoes" I said, smiling down at them, as we pulled off.

"I knew you would.." he said. "I remembered you telling me you fuck with Louie, so my plan was to get you a nice lil bag, but I had no idea how many fucking bags they got for y'all.. so you gotta pick your own bag out"

"You thought it was gonna be sweet?" I said laughing. "But i'm fine with my cute shoes, thank you friend" i said, making him cut his eyes over at me.

He smirked at me, "You welcome friend" he said, adding emphasis on friend.

"Ohh i knew it was something I was meaning to tell you" i said, pulling out my phone opening Instagram. "Soo last night after we hung up, i got this Dm" I said, as he glanced over looking at the phone.

"Lemme see" he said grabbing it. "She weird"

"Oh so you do know her?" I asked, laughing.

"I used to fuck with her a while back.. like 6 months ago" he said.

"Well she seems real real worried about what you doing" I said. "Sis said 'you fuck with Izzy?' " I said, using a ghetto voice.

He shook his head, "Like I said, I ain't talk to her in 6 months... I don't know why she coming at you" he said. "My fault about that"

"It's not that deep, I thought the shit was funny" I said. "She saw a few heart eyes under my pictures and lost it" I said laughing, as we pulled up where everyone else was.

He chuckled, "You stupid" he said laughing. "Peep G" he said, directing my attention out the window to look at G scoping the car out as we parked.

"He be on everything, I swear that man don't miss a beat" I said laughing.

Today, was Mir's birthday and since we were all in New York right now, G said we would do a memorial at a spot in the projects that they used to chill in when they were younger. It had been a whole year since he's been gone and today was just a reminder, that he wasn't with us anymore.

Me, Lani and Chy had always been friends since my freshman year in college, so that makes it about 4 years now. But since Chy and Lani had been friends since they were in middle school, they were always a little closer than I was. Not that they treated me any differently, because they didn't, but when Mir came along, it did feel good to have a friend of my own.. you know? Over the pass year in a half, my friendship with Lani and Chy has deepened, because at some point we all needed to be there for each other, to help through a rough time.