Chapter 10

"Alex cheated on you." were the words that came out right after. I felt a pang in my heart. I wasn't hurt, it just felt weird. Alex cheating on me; he could have just told me and I would have dumped him. I know not to trust men, but for some reason I grew to trusting him.

"Are you there?" she asked.

"Yeah tell me the full story." I said. Soon I felt something wet on my cheek. Why was I crying?

I wasn't crying; it had begun to rain. It wasn't pounding, but it was enough to go inside. I stayed in my spot afraid to lose the signal.

It was sunny a couple of minutes ago. How come it started to rain all of the sudden? Especially since it was in the middle of summer.

"So I went for a walk with my boyfriend and we walked to a cafe. Then I saw him there. He was flirting with her. They kissed too. Before he saw me I left." she said.

"Well thank you for telling me. I'll take care of everything." I said.

"Are you ok? Your voice sounds different." she said.

"I'm fine. Thanks again Chelsea." I said just as I hung up. The rain was getting harder, but I just stood there getting pelted by the raindrops.

Maybe the reason why I felt something in my heart was because even though I denied getting serious with him, I secretly liked him. I was untrue to my feelings and I didn't show them. Maybe thats why he left.

After realizing the truth the tears where now starting to come out. I wasn't wailing like a baby. It was just silent tears. Tears that flowed down, no noise.

Louis:

"She isn't with you?" I asked.

"Nope. She went to talk with Chelsea and that's it. I'm starting to get worried too." Hailey said.

"I'm going to find her." I said as I ran to the elevator.

"Check at the deck!" Hailey screamed. The elevator was sure taking its time. I sprinted for the stairs.

I ran at least ten flights before I got to the badminton courts. I walked to them and out of the corner of my eye I could see a red blur.

Red, the only person that came to my head was Zoey. What was she doing out in the rain? I walked to the door and opened it. I was pelted with a couple of raindrops.

"Zoey, why are you standing in the rain?"

She jumped and turned around. After she saw me she ducked her head and I saw her hands move to her eyes. It looked like she was wiping away something, but from my point of view I couldn't see jack.

"Louis. Hey."

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Perfect." she muttered.

"You can talk to me about it." I said.

"There's nothing to talk about." she said.

"Yes there is. You were obviously crying." I said. Her eyes widened.

"How did you know?" she asked. Without her knowing the tears were brimming in her eyes, ready to pour out any second.

"I just did. Talk to me about it." I said.

We walked to the bar house, which was the only door that wasn't locked from the outside. I took a seat on the floor and she followed my jester.

"Spill it. What happened?" I asked.

"H-he ch-cheated on me." she stuttered.

"Who cheated on you?" I asked. I felt stupid after I asked that. Alex, who else would.