Chapter 37

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm hurt. Why aren't you happy to see me?" he asked.

"I thought you moved to The United States in fifth grade." I said.

"I did. I came back to see you." he said.

"Oh. Well welcome back Michael!" I exclaimed.

"Don't tell me you forgot about me?" he asked.

"No I clearly remember you. My childhood friend. I thought you forgot about me." I said going in for a hug.

"I see that you stopped dying your hair red." he said.

"Well, yeah because someone thought I looked better this way." I said.

"You do. It matches your eyes." he said pulling away.

"You really haven't changed. You still have that black hair that you spike up and those brown eyes. Well besides the fact that you have grown four feet taller, not much of a change."

"Your lying. I have changed a lot. I mean we both changed a lot." he said.

"Yeah. I guess. Well I have to go." I said.

"This is your place?" he asked.

"No it's my friend's place." I said.

"Oh ok. That hug was awful because of your cast. Let's catch up at a cafe. Tomorrow?"

"Yeah." I said. "By the way, how did you find me?"

"Just walked by. I'll see ya tomorrow." he said.

"See ya." I said as I waved to him. I turned around and walked back inside.

"You took a long time." Niall said.

"Yeah, I met my childhood friend." I said.

"No wonder." Zayn said.

"We're meeting up tomorrow at a cafe." I said. "It's been a really long time since we saw each other."

"That's great that you could meet her after all this time. I bet she moved, right?" Louis asked getting up and going to the kitchen.

"Yeah. I'm so glad we met." I said. She! Did Louis just call Michael a she? This was going to get weird.

"Were back!" Hailey exclaimed once the door opened.

"Hailey lets go." I said pulling her out.

"Wait! Why?" she asked.

"I need to tell you a couple of things."

Harry:

I saw Zoey pull Hailey out of our place and I saw them walk across the street. "Weird girls." I said.

"Probably going to go and gossip." Zayn said.

"Harry your back. Where did Zoey go?" Louis asked coming out of the kitchen.

"I see how it is. Just because you got a girlfriend, you forgot all about me."

"I could never forget you, Hazza." he said.

******************

"So what did you want to tell me." Hailey said.

"Michael is back!" I exclaimed.

"Who?" she asked confused.

"Michael, my childhood friend." I said.

"Oh I remember him. Didn't he move?"

"Yeah, but he came back to see me." I said.

"That's nice." she said.

"Tomorrow we are meeting up at a cafe." I said.

"Isn't that like a date?" Hailey asked.

"No it's just to catch up." I said.

"Listen to me. You have a boyfriend. Wouldn't he misunderstand? You should tell Louis clearly."

"I will. I don't want to break up with him." I said.

"Go for it." she said.

I dialed Louis' number and pressed call. It rang once and he answered. "Where did you go?"

"Can you come to my place?" I asked.

"On my way." he said.

**********************

I opened the door and Louis came in. "It's about my childhood friend." I said after we sat on the couch.

"What about her?" he asked.

"Well my childhood friend isn't a girl. Michael is a guy." I said.

"So your childhood friend is a guy?" he asked.

"Yeah. I won't go to the cafe tomorrow if you don't want me to." I said.

"Zoey! Your so dumb. Michael is just your good friend. It's ok to hang out with him. I'm glad you told me." Louis said.

"Ok. I'm so glad, you didn't become angry." I said.

"Let's get this straight. Your probably going to have a couple of guy friends and I'm going to have a couple of lady friends, but that isn't going to change anything between us. Your my girlfriend and I'm your boyfriend."

"Awesome speech, Louis. I understand. I really do like you." I said.

"I'm going to head back now. Have fun tomorrow."

"See ya. Don't forget to ask Harry." I said.

"I won't." he said turning back around. He came closer and leaned down. His lips pressed onto mine and we had a short kiss. "How was it?"

"Too short." I blurted my face red. He laughed and walked to the sidewalk. Short, but sweet.

*******************

"What do you want?" Michael asked.

"Just some coffee." I said.

"Ok. So how's life?" he asked.

"It's really great. I'm living together with Hailey and my best friends are in a band called One Direction. I have a boy--" I was cut off by the waitress coming to take our orders.

Once she left Michael said "That's good. New York is a busy place. Traffic all the time, but I have gotten used to it." he said.

"What are you working as?" I asked.

"Architecture." he said.

"That's awesome. I'm working as a DJ and at a library. I really don't want to start a career." I said.

"You could be a doctor. You already went to school and everything. You have diplomas and stuff." he said.

"You could just consider me being lazy." I said.

"Anyway, Amanda is pregnant, right?" he asked.

"Yeah. It's been a couple of months. I think around 7 to 8 months." I said.

"I think that it's going to come out soon." he said.

"A couple of weeks. The thing is the I don't know if it's a girl or a boy." I said.

"You'll find out soon." he said.

"How long are you staying here?" I asked.

"For a couple of weeks. Might be able to see her." he said.

"How do you know the baby's going to be a girl?" I asked.

"Lucky guess." he said.

"Well I think it's going to be a boy." I said.

"Want to make a bet?" he asked.

"Yep." I said.

"Winner gets one wish." he said.

"Your on. I'm going to win this." I said walking out.

A/N: Boy or girl? Comment and tell me. There will be a lot of things going on in the upcoming chapters. Be prepared. Vote and comment!