Chapter 48

"The room is huge!" Hailey exclaimed.

"Yeah." I said plopping down on the bed. "I call this one."

"I kind of figured that out when you tackled the bed." she said going to the balcony.

I got off the bed and followed her. "You can see the ocean from here." I said pointing to it.

"Shouldn't we be going to the place where the contest is to sign you up?" Hailey asked.

"Oh right! I forgot about that!" I exclaimed. She sighed and shook her head.

"Well lets get that over with and then we can go shopping!" she exclaimed.

We walked out of our room and headed towards the elevator. We stepped into the elevator and it slowly went down. The elevator music was soon starting to annoy me and I was more than happy when I got to the main lobby.

I walked to the front desk and got the application. Hailey and I sat in the main lobby. She stared at me as I tried to fill in everything.

I heard Hailey say something and looked up. She was talking to a guy. Wait. Wasn't Hailey the one to say that I shouldn't like another tanned guy? Why was she talking to one?

From the look on her face she was having a pleasant time with this chat. I focused on my application. Hailey could handle herself. She would probably become friends with him or something like that.

After checking off everything and answering all the questions, I was finished. I looked up and found Hailey gone. "Hailey?" I asked looking around.

I walked to the front desk and handed in the form. She nodded dismissing me and I walked around the main lobby looking for her. Maybe she went back to the room? I walked to the elevator and pressed a button. Since it took so long to get here I decided to just take the stairs. It would be a good way to get back in shape. I also remembered that I had to go for morning jogs and such.

After climbing the four flights of stairs I ran to my room. I slid the card into the card holder on the door and opened the door. She wasn't inside either.

I decided to ring her cell to find out where she went. I called her and after the third ring she picked up. "Hello." she said.

"Hailey, where are you? Did you bail on me?" I asked.

"I am at the bar. I decided to get a drink while you filled out your form." she said.

"Oh ok. Meet me in the lobby soon." I said walking towards the elevator. As soon as I pressed the button the elevators door opened and I slid in.

I was still panting. I was really out of shape. "Your Out of shape." someone said.

I looked at where the voice came from and found a guy with blonde hair and green eyes. "Thank you for stating out the obvious." I said.

"It's the truth. If you want we could go jogging together." he said. "You'll be in shape in no time."

"I was going to anyway." I said. "Maybe some company would be nice."

"So then starting tomorrow, at 8 come at the main lobby." he said.

"Awesome. By the way, my name is Zoey." I said.

"The name's Eric." he said showing a smile.

"Just for the record I have a boyfriend." I said causing him to laugh.

"Don't worry. I have a girlfriend." he said.

"Oh ok." I said.

"Did you think I would make a move on you?" he asked.