Chapter 54

"The judges have made up their minds. Whoever gets the highest amount of points wins!"

The judge said something and then began to say the points. "Ten points from our first judge. Ten points from judge two."

Twenty points. If the third judge gives him a good score I could lose this. "Eight points from me." the judge said. Lucas, I think.

"Drake is now leading with 28 points." Lucas said.

He put that piece of paper to the side and got another piece out of an envelope. "Maria starts off with ten points just like Drake. Our second judge has given seven points."

Nineteen points. She needs a perfect score from the last judge to beat Drake. "She now needs ten points to beat Drake. Our final judge has given her ten points."

So that means that I need a total of ten points from each judge to win. "Now it's time for Zoey's results."

My stomach did an unfriendly flip and I soon got nervous. If Maria didn't get a whooping 30 points, how was I ever going to get it? "Judge one has given you 10 points."

My hands suddenly pressed together and I was now praying. I closed my eyes, but it probably looked like I was squinting. Louis was sure that I would win, but for some reason I didn't. I should have been the most positive one here, but he was instead. He believed that I could win this.

(A/N: I had an awesome train of thought going, but one text ruined the whole entire thing.)

"Ten points." the second judge said. "Now for the final, but before that does anyone have any guesses on who is going to win?"

Ten plus ten means twenty. To win this I needed a perfect score. I heard a whole bunch of names being called out.

"Ok so the final score that Zoey got is..." he paused before continuing.

I silently prayed. I had to win this for Louis who believed that I could win every second. He never doubted my skills and was the most positive out of us both.

"Ten points! Zoey has won this competition taking the championship to London!" he said.

I froze. Did he just? He just said I won! Louis tackled me with a hug and that's when I was finally able to move.

I wrapped my arms around him and took his embrace. "I'm so proud of you. You did it." he said.

"It's all thanks to you. I really am proud to be your girlfriend everyday."

"I think you mean happy." he said backing away.

*****************

"So what's this about the special performance?" I asked Louis as we sat on the rocks.

"What?" he asked.

"Your performing right?" I asked.

"No it's not us." he said.

"A manatee!" I exclaimed looking in the water.

Louis got up and saw it. "That's my first time seeing one."

"My second time." I said.

"Where did you see a wild one?" he asked.

"While I was coming out of the ocean."

"I think he came back to see you." he said.

"Sure the manatee would come back to see me." I said sarcastically.

"I think it did."

It soon swam away and I saw the sun setting. "Louis remember that time in Rome, what did you take a picture of?"