Chapter 29

"Your really slow, you know that?" Louis asked as soon as I came downstairs.

"Your lucky I even came." I said.

"Where else would you go?" he asked.

"Sneak out through the back door and..." he cut me off by pulling me outside of the complex.

"I just remembered that there was a day where I saw you five surrounded by fans. It was before we boarded the cruise. I couldn't see your faces though." I said.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"That's your house right?" I asked. "I saw you guys over there."

"Zoey that doesn't matter now." he said looking at his watch.

"What's with the hurry?" I asked.

"There is no hurry. I just needed you to get into the car so I can take you there. You still have to fulfill that promise." he said sticking his tongue out.

"What promise?" I asked.

"You have an Awful memory. The promise on the island a week ago." he said.

"Still no clue." I said.

"In the forest on our last day." he said.

"Oh I remember now!" I exclaimed. In a matter of seconds my face turned into a face of poor and utter horror. I wasn't ready to say that to him. No I couldn't, think of an excuse.

"I also have to ask you some questions." he said.

"Go ahead." I said.

"Not now. Once we get there." he said. I pouted. Now I was getting more and more curious of what would happen today.

********•*********

So here I was sitting right in front of Louis. "What would you like?" the lady asked.

I looked through the menu and said "A chocolate chip muffin. How about you Louis?"

"I would like a chocolate chip muffin too." he said.

"So that would be two chocolate chip muffins. Anything else, like a drink?" she asked.

"Coffee: can you put more milk then black coffee in it?" I asked.

"Yes, we can. Anything for you sir?" she asked.

"The same." he said. She left ready to give our orders in.

"Why did you order the same?" I asked.

"More importantly, answer every question I ask?" he asked.

"Uh...sure." I said hesitating for a moment.

"Now tell me about our promise first." he said.

Here goes. My excuse was coming up. "I want you to know that... Continue from where you left off." he said.

"Oh! I want you to know that I have a son!" I blurted out. Shit! This was a horrible lie.

"You mean Kevin?" he asked his face tense.

"Yeah." I replied weakly. I just added oil to the fire that Hailey created yesterday.

"Well that solves my question too." he said.

"What was it?" I asked.

"It was: Is Kevin really your son?" he said.

One lie creates a thousand more. I couldn't go back now. "Yeah Kevin is." I said.