Chapter 51

"Pace your breath. Your really out of shape." Eric said waiting for me.

"I know. You don't have to rub it in."

"Sorry. Anyway Emily wanted to meet you today, so we will come by while your surfing." he said.

"That would be awesome! The surfboard I bought from you is amazing."

"Of course. It's hand made and it's a surf board with endurance."

I stopped jogging and took a deep breath.

"Don't stop because I'm talking, carry on." he said jogging ahead.

"Eric, that was just so dirty!" a person exclaimed.

"Zoey, was that dirty?" he asked now stopping. I walked to him and saw the girl.

"Yes indeed it was." I said concentrating on the person.

"Emily meet Zoey. Zoey meet Emily." he said.

"Wait this is the Zoey! Your dating Louis!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah." was all I could say.

"I'm their biggest fan. Directioner for life!" she exclaimed.

"Wow they have such amazing fans."

"So Zoey, I heard that you are in the competition."

"Yep. I plan on winning." I said noting how she can change a topic really quick.

"I hope you do." she said.

"Glad I have your support."

"Hey I'm supporting too!" Eric exclaimed.

"Who could ever forget about you?" Emily said.

"Actually we kind of did."

"Right. It was nice to meet you. Continue with your jog, I'll come see you later." she said.

"Bye."

"Let's go." he said continuing.

"I'm so fired up now!" I exclaimed.

"I can tell since your catching up to my pace." he said.

***************

After coming back from jogging and taking a shower I switched on my laptop. Hailey was still asleep so I plugged in my head phones and quietly listened to music while going through twitter.

I went on Louis' page wondering what they were up to since I couldn't talk to him yesterday.

I sent him a text saying good morning and continued scrolling.

His latest tweet was today at 9:00.

It's been a busy two days over here! Woke up early today too!

That was weird. It was 9:30 and I didn't get a reply even though he was awake. I smacked myself.

He is probably just busy. Probably at an interview where you can't use your phones.

I refreshed it and found another tweet stating that it was posted a minute ago.

It said: Off today! With the boys. Let's have a Q and A!

Maybe he didn't get my text. Should I send it to him again? No wouldn't that sound bossy and pushy.

No one ever said that you had to reply to a text right away. But wouldn't a good morning take a minute.

Ugh! This was frustrating and definitely not good for my brain. My phone sent out a vibration.

I picked it up and saw that it was a message from Louis. My fingers quickly unlocked the phone and I went to my messages. I read his three word reply and I dropped my phone.

Why did he lie?