Chapter 9

"Liam! Hurry! I'll be late!" I shout from my car and he runs out home.

I have my appointment with Edward Mayer, the man of the agency, in exactly 8 minutes but I first have to drop Liam to his best friend's home before because we're Saturday and he always spends some time with his friend before her mom brings them to the soccer training.

"I swear that if I'm late, I'll kill you," I tell to Liam while chuckling but he doesn't believe me.

"You love me too much" He says while I'm parking the car in front of the house.

"Have a good day Superman!" I don't have the time to finish my sentence that he already slammed the door and got in the house.

I look at my phone screen to see what time it is. Shit. 2 minutes left. I'll be late.

I finally arrive 10 minutes later and run into the building to reach the assistant's office. I knock on the door after the secretary showed me the way and a deep voice tells me to come in.

"Miss Steal! You're late!" I didn't have the time to introduce myself that the man already got angry.

"I-I know, I'm sorry. I won't be late again." I try to excuse myself but he cuts me off and directs me to sit on the chair in front of him.

Is he the man who called me yesterday? Because he was so much nicer on the phone. We continue the maintenance and he asks me many questions about me and my abilities and skills until he says something that drops me down to earth.

"Unfortunately, we can't keep you for 3 months."

"But it has to last 3 months if I want to get my graduate and find a job after." I admit.

"Sorry, we only keep a trainee for 2 months." He's firm and I put my head in my hands.

"Can't you do something? Because I really need this." I say raising up my head.

He searches something on his laptop and flips through his papers. It's only after a few minutes that he files away his papers and stares at me.

"The only thing I can do is to keep you those two months and after those months I hire you if you fit perfectly the job." He says which shocks me.

I couldn't ask for more.

"Thank you so much... I hope that I'll be the one you look for and that you'll hire me." I say and he nods.

We say goodbye and he tells me that I have not to be late Monday morning at 9 am.

I get out of the office and call Josh when I get in the car. I thought that we both could do something before we go to work.

"Hello, the beauty of the sun! How's going?" He asks and makes me laugh.

"Hi, Josh! Umm... Are you busy right now because I thought that we could hang out and talk." I ask in turn but he doesn't reply immediately. "Josh?"

"Yeah! umm... no, I can't I'm sorry... I planned to hang out with old high school friends. I'm sorry, beauty." He admits which disappoints me. I hear someone saying something and Josh focuses back on me. "Come with us if you want!"

"Oh no, no... I don't want to disturb you. Have a nice day. See you later." I reply a little disappointed but I can't be selfish and call him when I need him but pulling him away when he tries to make a move.

I drive off to Liam's soccer club to watch him training. I walk upon the bleachers but when I try to sit on the bench I immediately stand back up because of the coldness and the freezing weather. I hate winter.

I was trying to warm my hands rubbing them when I feel someone standing next to me. I turn to see who's on my side.

Wow.

"Do you want some coffee?" The man asks but the only thing I do is staring at him.

His water green eyes are looking at me through the glasses that are on his nose and I can't manage to do anything. His gaze is freezing me even more than I already am but his smile just warms the cold weather.

"Hello?" He says while waving his hand he's not holding the cup of coffee with in front of my eyes. "It'll warm your body..."

I get back from my deep thoughts and try to answer something understandable.

"What? umm... No thanks... I-I can't. I have to go because my service at the Starbucks resumes in 10..." I look at my phone and smile back at him while I'm walking away.

"Wait! I don't even know your name!" He shouts so I can hear him.

"I'm sure you don't want to!" I say, laughing.

-----

What do you think about the half-new character?

I hope you liked this chapter.

I love you all.

-----