Chapter 54

I wanted to protect myself from him while I feel safer in his arms.

We're standing in the middle of the studio, his arms around me over my shoulders and my face is hidden in his chest.

His perfume tickles my nostrils and transports me into a full ecstasy from which I don't want to separate.

Unfortunately, someone interrupts us by coughing.

"Maybe we should take the photos... otherwise the album wouldn't be promoted!" I recognize Josiah's voice and I slowly get off Shawn's embrace but stay hidden so I can wipe my tears.

Once my tears wiped, I run my hands through my hair to attach it in a ponytail. I get next to Shawn to face Josiah and feel his arm around my waist but the only thing I can manage to do is to look at the photographer with the softer smile I could wear.

"Yeah... We're coming..." Shawn tells his friend with a nod that makes him leave.

I step forward and turn back to face him again.

I'm ready.

"What do-" He starts saying something but I don't let him the time to finish and cuts him off.

My lips against his and my hands cupping his cheeks. I couldn't refrain from it, one needed.

And I feel the same as yesterday, the same butterflies, the same goosebumps.

Oh no... It's better.

We stay glued for a moment, holding our breath to live this moment completely and enjoy it until this kiss ends and we both step back.

"Wow... What was that for?" He asks and removes a lock of my hair that was falling on my forehead to stick it behind my ear.

His smile just makes mine and his happiness makes mine as well.

"To thank you for being who you are and because I don't want to pull you away anymore..." I say and smile at him.

He pulls away his hands from me and puts his jacket off.

"And what does that mean?" He says with a smirk and starts walking to the changing room.

"It means that I want to be with you," I say and take my camera to prepare it.

"And who told you that I wanted to?" He says chuckling.

"Don't even start... I'll slap the Canadian out of you." I act as if I was mad but he just laughs at me and opens the changing room's door but stops before he gets in it.

"Woah!! This girl is scaring me!" He shouts from the other side of the studio and enters the room.

I can't help but laugh at what he said.

He's now with the stylish, changing into what she prepared and I don't know what the team decided on the theme so I walk to Josiah who's talking with someone who probably works on the album's artwork and Geoff.

"Hi... um... First, I wanted to apologize for earlier... I got angry while I shouldn't. Second, I prepared the studio with a grey background as we told at the meeting but is it still good or did you decide something new?" I ask, unsure of myself because, even though he doesn't seem like, his serious look intimidates me.

"Wow... This is the first time I see someone afraid of this dude." Geoff says while pointing to his friend and laughs at the same time.

"I'm not afraid," I say and shake my head no but when I think that Josiah will answer me, Shawn walks to us and joins his friends in their laughter.