Chapter 66

- EXTERIOR POV -

The phone raised up to her ear, she takes a deep breath and holds back her sobs. 

"... I can't do this anymore, Shawn... I'm sorry but we're not mean to be together and I don't even love you the way I should. Not as much as you want." Alyssa lets those cruel words slip out of her mouth and, holding back her tears, she knows how hard she's breaking his heart. 

"Lys... I don't understand, I thought everything was going well between us... Could we please, at least, talk about this??? Where are you?" He asks but she hangs up the phone before she breaks down in tears. 

She knows that this is the best for everyone. 

***

- 3 weeks ago: Alyssa's POV -

"Lys,... Are you okay? You seem to be really tired and... weak... Did you eat today?" Shawn asks me over the FaceTime which makes a smile growing on my lips. A slight a little smile to try to hide. 

I'm in my car, in the parking lot of the soccer club of Liam and I'm waiting for him to finish his training and get out so I took this moment to call my lover. 

"Yeah, don't worry, everything's going well... I just need some sleep." I softly say, rubbing my eyes with the hand I'm not holding my phone with. 

"I don't believe you. I swear Alyssa that you're destroying yourself without even noticing." He sighs, running all his fingers in his brown curls. 

"Shawn, I'm good... don't worry, I-" I start arguing but the only thing I manage to do is to make him cut me off of anger. 

"Stop saying that you're okay! You're definitely not and even though you don't see any difference, I see it!" He almost shouts over the phone which leaves me speechless. I don't know what to answer so I just look down. "... I'm sorry but I'm scared and... And I'm coming back in like two days anyways..." He says in a lower tone. 

"Yeah... I have to go... Bye" I simply reply and hang up the phone. 

I know that people just want to help me but I know what's going on with my body and I know its limits. Limits that I didn't cross yet and won't cross them. 

Is it even a big deal if I miss one or two meals? I mean, I don't even do it on purpose, it's just that I forget because I, most of the time, think about other things. 

I get out of the car, sighing and walk until I reach the bleachers but notice that no one is on the field anymore. They probably are changing so I look around to see if there's an adult who I could talk with but more specifically, I'm looking for the coach. 

When I finally locate him near the gate the players use to get on the field, I walk down to him but more I approach him and more I realize that he's on the phone. However, I keep on stepping to him until I'm near enough to hear what he's saying. 

"... - improving and I think that everything will be ready... We can bet on it..." The coach says, chuckling but stops when he feels my presence behind him. "I gotta go." 

He turns to me but I can't see properly who he is because of his cap on the head. 

"Can I help you?" He says with a deep voice and clearing his throat, probably frowning but it doesn't destabilize me. 

"Yeah, I'm Alyssa Steal, Liam's sister and I've heard that his teammates were bullying him and dragging him down each time he doesn't do things well," I say, waiting for him to take the speech in turn but he doesn't so I just keep going. "And you didn't help him but did the same." I finish, crossing my arms over my breasts to stand up to him. 

He doesn't scare me. 

"yes, and that's a good method to make him improve himself." He says, chewing his gum like a bitch. 

My eyes widen as I hear that he doesn't even try to deny what he is doing to Liam. 

"He is 6! and you think that making a 6 years old boy cry is a good method? What is wrong with you huh?" I start raising up my voice so much this dude is making me angry. 

"As well as it does work, I'm happy with it." He says in the calmest tone and crossing his arms as well as I did. 

I swear to god that my anger is building up. How can somebody be that heartless and don't care about other safety? 

"You jerk can't lead children like that-" I start but he immediately cuts me off, adjusting his cap. 

"Listen, I'm not here to argue with you and if you want to get crazy to someone, maybe you should meet the boss, Mister Williams." He says and turns back, leaving me speechless. 

Williams? Like Cameron? No, It can't be him, he's leading the team only some rare time during the week. It must be another William... Maybe his father? 

I can't think properly about this, I don't understand what's going on or even if something's up. 

I'm left here, standing alone, not knowing what to do. My purpose was to make him realize that he was doing wrong but I totally failed and on top of it he didn't care even a second about I said. 

Cameron Williams, you better not mess up with me. 

"Lyssa?? What are you doing here?" I hear my little Superman's voice coming from behind me and I just shake my head to get off my thoughts. 

I turn back and show him the biggest smile I could. 

"I just came to bring you back home." Isay and hug him tight but he pulls me right away to run outside to the car. 

I sigh and head to the car as well, looking down at my feet. 

The journey back home is spent in a silence with none of us talking. I'm really off of seeing him acting like that and our relation getting worse each time he comes back from his training but I'm so tired and out of strengths to struggle with him.  

I decided to finish my work at the agency earlier so I can spend a good time with him but it seems like I did it for nothing because the second I turn the engine of the car off, he runs outside to get in the house. I slowly follow him, sighing and then get in as well. 

Something I shouldn't have done because what I see leaves me shook. 

-----

I hope you liked this chapter with a cliffhanger (something I didn't do in a while haha). 

Love you all. 

-----