Chapter 78

- EXTERIOR POV -

She thought that with what she told him, he would understand. She thought that he would get what she meant but maybe she played it wrong. Maybe she should have said something else but she cannot get back. No second chance, that was the only one. 

She thought that it was clear enough and obvious but she is still waiting in the closed room she is in since the game started. 

***

- 1 week ago: ALYSSA'S POV -

I turn the engine of my car on but before I start driving away, I connect my phone to the vehicle so can listen to some music and I choose to listen to my lover since I promised him that I'll do it. I type his name on Spotify and play his second album because, why not? 

The first song that I already know, thanks to the radio stations that played it, comes on and I start driving to Teddy's. A couple of songs played during the journey and after about 20 minutes, I finally arrive but another song starts at the same time. 

I park the car in front of her house and turn off the engine to check the name of the song. 

"Fuck," I swear as soon as I read the title. 

He named one of his songs 'No Promises' and he didn't even tell me when we had the talk about the promises. 

I listen carefully to it and to the lyrics and realize how accurate this is to me. So many times I told him to keep his promises for himself so no one gets hurt. 

A chuckle leaves my lips when the melody stops playing only to let another one take place. This song describes us and I can't help but smile because it means that he understands me. 

I listen to the rest of the album, still in the car and enjoying a voice that sounds so familiar to me but too different at the same time. 

The last song ends and I decide to take my bag and get out to walk to the house, blown away by what I just listened to. 

I wait a few seconds after I knocked on the front door and someone finally opens it, revealing a radiant Teddy with a beautiful smile drawn on her face. 

"Where the fuck were you? we've been waiting for you for ages!" She complains while pulling me into a tight hug which makes me laugh. 

"I had something to do..." I say, pulling back from the embrace and she looks at me suspiciously with her furrowed eyebrows. 

"Oh... I can't blame you, I mean, nobody can resist to daddy's handsomeness." She laughs and leaves me alone in the entry. 

I join her in the living room filled with blankets and food with Rose already lying on the couch but I'm still concerned by what Teddy said. 

Does she know? I thought she didn't. 

"why does she seem so lost?" Rose asks laughing at me and I just join her in her laughter. 

I let down my bag and take the bowl of popcorns before I sit next to her on the sofa. 

"She just didn't know that I knew about daddy and her." She admits which makes me blush and giggle awkwardly. 

"She doesn't know how much it's obvious" Rose adds, eating popcorns as well and playing with her eyebrows up and down. 

Teddy sits on a stool on the other side of the coffee table where all the food is taking place and faces us with a glass, filled with a drink, in her hand.