Chapter 42

"Josh?" I address Josh from my counter while serving a consumer. I approach him when the client leaves and look up at him with my biggest smile.

"What does this beautiful young lady want?" He responds on the tone of humor which makes me laugh.

"My brother has a new game on Friday ... are you coming?" I ask and see his beautiful smile fade away.

He cashes the consumer and turns to me.

"Uh ... I'm sorry sweetie but I can't..." He announces me and this time, it's my smile that fades away to his answer.

"Why? you always come with me and he's always so happy when you're there" I try to find arguments to change his mind but nothing works.

"I won't even be in Toronto next Friday ... I'm going to visit my grandparents in Florida." He adds and I understand why he can't come. Which reassures me because I thought he didn't want to.

"Oh, ok ... I hope you will fully enjoy it then and come back tanned" I say and we both get in a giggle.

Unfortunately, I stop laughing instantly when I think back to my brother's behavior that I still don't understand.

"Everything is fine?" Josh asks me and I put a fake smile on my face to hide my worries.

"Yes, yes, don't worry," I decide not to bother him with this until I'm sure of myself. It could be just a little boy problem so I'll let it go as long as nothing else happens.

I decide to change the topic to forget about it and tell Josh about my date tonight.

And yes, We already are Friday.

Returning to my job, I tell him how stressed I am because I don't know anything about Cameron in the end.

"At least, You'll eat thanks to him!" He says sarcastically what makes me turn abruptly to him.

"Please, Josh ... don't start again with that" I ask in a weak voice.

"Alyssa, you can't blame me for worrying about your health because I didn't see you eat anything in the last few months. Don't you see yourself? Look at the mirror because you lost a lot of weight! " He begins to get upset but seems calm in front of customers.

"You already told me that and I said that I eat very well," I say exasperatedly, I look at the time on my watch. "Anyway, I have to leave ..." I head to the locker room when no more customers come into the cafe but I stop in front of him just before continuing my way. "Thanks for worrying about me but I'm fine" I give him a kiss on his cheek and go away.

As usual, I pack all my things after putting off my apron and walk to my car when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Confused and not expecting any call, I take it out and look at the screen to see who it is.

< Shawn Mendes is calling >

I frown, not understanding why he's calling and I pick up while sitting in the driver's seat of my vehicle.

"Shawn?" I ask as if to verify that it's him.

"Hi, Alyssa, how are you?" He asks which makes me smile but he keeps going before I answer. "I wanted to know if you have plans tonight ... I wanted to discuss and ... also ask you for advice ..." He announces and leaves me shocked.

I didn't expect him to call me just to see me but it makes me very happy.

I'm about to accept but stop just before saying anything, I remember that I already have plans tonight...

"Uh ... I would have accepted with pleasure but it turns out that I already have something to do... I'm sorry" I admit and decline his offer with regrets...

"Oh ... alright, it's okay." I hear the disappointment in his voice and quickly look for something that could catch up. "I just wanted to spend time with you but yes, it can wait," He says with a laugh.

"You like soccer?" I ask with a smirk.

"Alyssa, just tell me what you want to say," He says and sneers.

"My little brother plays a soccer game and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to watch him ..."

"Well, I'll be happy to attend it because I really like soccer." He accepts and I can't help but smile.

"Great, well see you next Friday if we don't hang out before... I have to hang up if I don't want to be late for my date." I say in the most random way while I turn on the engine so I can drive away.

"Well I wish you to spend the greatest evening," He says and hangs up before I have time to answer.

I'm sick of myself, I'm the most clumsy person in the world. I announced my plans to Shawn as if we had known each other for so long and as if it was normal for me to tell him about it while anyone wouldn't care. But that's what I like about him, the fact that I speak to him without thinking about my words or asking myself whether or not what I'm saying will interest him. I talk to him as if I talk to a diary ... since the evening he accompanied me to see my mother at the hospital ... I don't care about the way I talk and it's really nice. Even if at first, I couldn't stand him, now I don't pay attention to how I am, or who I am.

-----

Hey everyone! I wrote this chapter in a hurry so I hope you like it even though it sucks compared to the others haha.

Love you all.

-----