Chapter 59

"You can't come back now... They hate you..." I hear my mom talking on the phone with someone when I get in the kitchen.

She doesn't notice me and I only can see her back but I can feel how confused she is and shagreen about what is happening. Something that I don't know is happening so I step forward and rest my hand on her shoulder.

"Mom?" I ask, unsure of myself and she jumps and turns back abruptly to me.

She immediately hangs up and put her phone on the kitchen work plan.

"What's going on?" Seeing her tired and distressed, I just pull her in a hug.

"I'm just really tired of today but everything's okay, darling." She says and steps back to look at me. "Josh picked Liam up to bring him somewhere and they'll come back in a bit... I'm going to sleep, could you wait for them to come back?" Sha asks me while tieing her long and blond hair in a ponytail.

I nod and she leaves me alone in the kitchen.

Who was she talking with? And why did she lie when she said she was just tired? Because she wasn't 'just tired'.

I walk to my room to change myself in my pajamas and then I get back downstairs to watch the TV and wait for the boys.

About an hour passes by and I finally hear someone knocking at the door so I get up and open it to see Josh carrying Liam in his arms.

"He fell asleep during the journey." He whispers and I hold back a laugh even though I'm really exhausted.

I shift to the side to let him enter and he gets upstairs to put Liam in bed.

"Thank you," I say when he comes back.

"No problem sweetie, I had a great time with him... You should have come with us because we ate somewhere really special." He says and plays his eyebrows up and down which makes me smile.

I'm a hundred percent sure that the special place he's talking about is McDonald's because it's a special place for Liam. He wakes up McDonald's, he sleeps MacDonald's, he lives McDonald's.

"I know but I was busy with someone else..." I say and he frowns. "Shawn."

"Again? Really?" He asks and goes to the living room.

He's pissed off because I always listen to him. He's like the angel on my shoulder who shows me the right way but this time I don't care about his opinion.

"Please, don't. I already told you that he wasn't the guy you think he is and I'm wise enough to know what's good for me and he is." I say and join him on the sofa but then I realize that I've just messed up, I shouldn't have told him about Shawn and I. "and you don't even have to worry because we're just friends" I try to catch it up butI'm just a mess at this and he probably doesn't believe me.

"Alright, I'll let the princess make that mistake... I would have warned you." He glances at me and tries to look mad but it doesn't work. I know he can't stay mad at me for more than 2 minutes. "Come here" He finally says and laughs while spreading his arms apart to pull me into a hug.

"I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too, darling."

***

The days pass by so far during which I struggle with my jobs, university, family, and friends but the day I've been waiting for 2 weeks finally came.

We're Tuesday and I can finally do a break, listen to new music, or at least listen to it again, and enjoy my night with him. With Shawn.

I pack some clothes in a bag, girls stuff and get downstairs.

"Bye mom, see you later," I shout and run outside to get in my car.

I already told her that I won't be home tonight so she was prepared and got organized with Liam. I don't have to worry and I'm really happy about that.

Just one night.

I look for my phone in my bag before I drive away and when I find it, I put it on the passenger seat so I don't have to risk my life when Shawn will call me because I know he will.

I turn on the engine of my car and start driving out the neighborhood to get on the highway. But right when I turn the steering wheel to change the street, my phone's ringtone sounds in the vehicle.

Speaking of the devil.

This just makes me smile because I knew it and I don't know why I'm so excited about that but I can't stop smiling. I take my phone and pick up in an enthusiastic way and the second I hear his voice, my smile extends even more.

"Hi, hun... Are you on your way home?" He asks and I manage to stick my phone between my ear and my shoulder so I can change the speed.

"Yes, I'll be with you in a few minutes," I say when I hold back my phone in my hand.

"I can't wait to see you...I'm really nervous actually..." He says and I can hear him doing something with cooking tools maybe, I don't really know.

"Don't be, Shawn... I already told you people will love it." I say and try to reassure him for the next minutes until I finally arrive at his building. "I'll hang up because I'll park my car and get in the building, see you." I hang up before he has the time to add anything.

Even though I try to reassure him about his song and everything, I'm actually nervous too. I don't know why but I feel like this song is my baby as well as it's his because I can picture myself in every situation he describes in it. This song is me.

I've never been that involved in a song or in music in general before this one, before I met Shawn and knowing that other people feel the same, knowing that a person can perfectly describe the way you struggle not to drown in your problems, is scaring me a lot.

It's literally like the world will know me. I won't be able to hide anymore.

I get out of the car and takes the stairs until I reach Shawn's front door. I knock on it three times and he immediately opens the door but I don't have the time to say anything that I already feel his lips on mine.

Here we are again.

All those crazy feelings that I can't control and that make me feel so weak next to him.

I wrap my arms around his neck and relish that moment I missed this whole past week.

"I've missed you." He whispers when we finally take back our breath, his arms around my waist.

-----

Hi everyone! I know this chapter is shorter than the last one but I hope that you liked it!

I love you all.

-----