Chapter 82

- A few minutes ago -

"Ready?? Don't forget that people who are mean are so unsure of themselves. Go score out as many goals as you can buddy!" Shawn encourages Liam before he goes to the locker rooms to change. 

He's Kneeling in front of him and I'm standing next to them, waiting for my turn to hug him and when they're finally done, I kiss his forehead and mess his hair up by running my hands in it. 

"I believe in you, Superman... Just kill it on that field." I chuckle and hug him. 

After a few minutes, it's time for Liam to change himself and start the game. 

"Knuckles" Shawn holds out his hand to my brother who hits his fist to it. 

I do the same and we head to the bleachers when Liam runs away from us but the second we take our seats, a face way too familiar pops up out of nowhere. 

Jenny, also known as the devil joins us and sits where Lily and Josh are supposed to sit but they're not here yet so I take upon oneself and stay quiet. ANd he even has the nerve to stick herself to Shawn. 

"Hi, handsome! how is it going? I didn't see you in a while!" She says, totally ignoring me and patting his shoulder. 

Did she forget what he told her last time she showed up at his place? Or is she just trying to get over it and to keep trying? I don't know what his purpose is but I'm clearly pissed off right now and even more than I already was because of Shawn. 

"Hi... Jenny..." Shawn responds and puts his hand on my right thigh and even though I'm still mad, I don't remove it. And seeing Jenny's reaction makes me chuckle. 

She doesn't know what to do anymore and comes off Shawn's arm. 

"Are you two an official couple?? Because I didn't see any headline about you. Unlike when you were with me, right?" She smirks looking at me and back at him as if when she's saying is hurting me but I just ignore her and pull out my phone to see where Josh's at.

I unlock my phone, letting them discuss peacefully because if i react to anything she says, then it would mean that she's winning and that she has something on me while she's just pissing the shit out of me. 

When I check my messages, I notice a text from Josh. 

< From: Joshua

Hi, sweetie, Lily isn't feeling good tonight so we won't be able to come to watch Liam's game... I'm so sorry... >

I sigh and both of them turn to me and probably thinking that it's because of Jenny, Shawn turns back and ask her to leave. 

"Jenny... I already told you that there's nothing more between you and I and acting like you do won't change anything... So could you leave us, please?" He tries to stay the most polite and the sweetest not to hurt he because god knows what she could do. 

The young woman swallows hard and gets up without saying anything and when she's far enough from us, Shawn and I look at each other and laugh so much what happened was weird. 

He suddenly stops laughing and stares at me with his hazel eyes that are sparkling. 

"What?" I ask in confusion but still smiling. 

Shawn leans in and comes closer, his lips so near mine but not touching them. His hand in my hair and his eyes locked in mine. 

"I don't wanna live without your laugh..." He whispers and I smile but I look down at my hands before he has the time to kiss me. "Alyssa... stop" 

"I have to talk with Liam's coach before they start the game," I say and looks back up at him.

"No... Just wait until the end and I'll come with you." He tries to keep me here with him but I don't give in. 

"But he'll keep on terrify him even in this game," I state and stands up but he grabs my arm before I get the time to leave. 

"Just stay and we'll go scold him together." He doesn't let go of my arm but I put my other hand over the one he's grabbing me with and pull it away from me. 

"I'm coming back in a second, I swear I won't last forever," I say and walk away even though his expression makes me want to stay with him and wait for the game to begin wisely. 

I walk down the bleachers to look for Liam's coach but no one is on the field yet so I just keep going, stepping along the side of the ground until I reach a huge gate that's probably the one from which the players come out. 

I think about what I should do for a moment and end up getting in. 

I find myself in a sort of long, wide, light corridor with doors all over the place that must, without a doubt, contain restrooms or changing rooms. I decide to go ahead and try to find the coach that should be with his team but I don't find anyone. I keep going and see some people in the back preparing the little players so I approach but when I pass next to an open door, I hear whispers. The whispers of an adult and a voice way too familiar to me so I step back so I can hear and remember the person's voice but what I hear nails me on the spot.

"Here, drink this, it'll make you stronger and I'm warning you, you better play well because I prompted big investors to bet on you, so the more goals you score, the more money I'll win..." I don't recognize the voice yet so I come closer to the door and look inside. 

"What the hell are you doing?" I shout without thinking about the possible consequences. 

And I don't even understand what's going on in here but I'm just too shook to see Cameron putting a pressure on a child who, I'm sure, doesn't understand even a percent of what he's saying. 

Both of them, the adult and the little boy who i don't know, look up at me with widened eyes. As if they saw a ghost. 

He's about to swallow some shit Cameron handed out for him but I run to him and take this of his hand. 

"Don't drink that, it isn't good for your body," I say to the little one and even though I have no idea of what this shit is, I'm a hundred percent sure that it's illegal. 

"What the fuck are you doing here? You're not allowed to get in here!" Cameron shouts at me a way he never did which makes me jump and step back. 

His watery green eyes suddenly turn darker and his furrowed eyebrows don't help at all. He went from the sweet guy I meant a few months ago to a dangerous man who wants to destroy everyone in this room. 

I look over at the boy who's standing next to me and I can tell that he's as much scared as I am but none of us moves until Cameron tells him to leave us alone. 

"What's wrong with you? I swear that you're going crazy and I have no idea of what you're planning and what kind of shit you're dealing with but this better stop." I start and then remember that Liam is in the same team as this boy. "Oh my God-" I whisper and look down at the floor before heading back to the door of this room to get out and look for Liam but Camron exceeds me and closes the door. 

"You're not going anywhere." 

-----

Hi people! I hope that you liked this chapter so tell me what you think about it!

Love you all. 

-----