Chapter 62

I feel woken up by the sun's rays that enter the room through the large bay window. The morning scent tickling my nostrils, I try to slowly open my eyes not to become blind because of the light. I'm so comfy in his sheets and the fluffy pillow under my head that I don't want to get up from the bed.

I rub my eyes and slowly turn to get into Shawn's arms but get surprised when I see that his side is empty.

I frown and lean on my elbows to check one more time that I'm alone in bed but the second I hear the water of the shower flowing, a smile appears on my lips as an idiot who imagines her man under the flowing drops.

Wanting to enjoy a little more of this bed so comfortable, I let my head fall back on the cushion and remember the last night with the sweet words he told me when he was hovering me but being careful not to put all his weight on me.

Those words that I dreamed of this night and on which I wake up with the best mood ever.

I roll to the side to get my phone from the nightstand and lay back to scroll through my feed Instagram. The same posts everytime with a girl wearing a bikini and posing on the beach with a perfect skin, perfect hair and perfect curves. Or the posts of views that make you want to travel all around the world, showing you the best part of a country and hiding the worst.

I was liking random pictures on social media when something suddenly rings and I immediately recognize Shawn's ringing phone.

Oh no... I am not going to get up. i want to stay comfy.

"BABE!" I shout from the bed so he can hear me under the shower but I don't get any answer so i try a second time. "SHAWN YOUR PHONE IS RINGING!"

Still nothing. God, this dude takes a long time to shower.

The music stops playing which says that the person who tried to call him gave up so I sit on the bed and start wearing up my hair in a bun to get up. To really get up.

Unfortunately, the ringing starts again but this time I just decide to look for the phone.

Ugh, I hate when people try to call you again even though you didn't pick up the first time. I look around in the room and finally find it on his nightstand so I get to it and take the phone.

< My Jenny ❤️ is calling >

"What?" I whisper to myself and frown.

I try to understand what's happening but it's clear that Jenny, his ex-girlfriend is calling him. My heart starts racing really fast but I just contain myself not to do anything stupid.

Should I pick up?

Why is she calling?

I can't pick up... I'm not like that... There must be a reason why she's named as 'My Jenny' on his phone.

The call ends and I heavily sit on the bed with the phone still in my hand. I can't stop looking at it so much I'm shocked and so much I don't understand what's happening. My heart is about to break out of my chest.

I should have picked up.

Shit.

If she calls again, I'll pick up.

Minutes pass by and the water doesn't flow from the shower anymore. He probably is getting ready and putting on his clothes but I'm still here, waiting.

About five minutes ran out when the screen illuminates again. With the same name, the same music, and the same heart.

I quickly pick up and raise up his phone to my ear.