Chapter 34

"You hate me ?" I ask, looking up at him and he just lowers his head while putting his hands in his pockets.

"I hate her because she didn't try to understand... she didn't even talk to me... I hate her as I love her." He says.

"But you regret... you regret having lent me your hoodie that I'll give you back by the way and also for having helped me at the party... Right?" I ask, stopping to make him look straight into my eyes.

He continues a little but gets back to me when he notices that I stopped walking.

"I should have been careful and stayed with her... but I loved doing what I did with you. I tried to help you when you needed help from anyone else so I don't know why I would regret it..." HE says and I don't know if I should be sad because he seems like he regrets it while I enjoyed it or happy because he loved doing it.

"Sometimes, the person you love doesn't deserve you..." I say and start walking again. 

"I don't know anything about the true love... otherwise I would have died because of what she did but I'm still here, alive. Don't you agree?" He asks but I don't answer.

I'm just thinking about what I coukd reply. Wondering what I really think about this. About love.

Maybe he's right. Maybe no one can get to know what the true love is. Maybe the true love doesn't exist but I don't wanna think about this because I think that's the only feeling that keeps people alive. It's the main goal of everyone, after maybe making a lot of money for some.

"Would you rather love someone and end up with a broken heart or never been loved at all?" I suddenly ask without looking at him, only in front of me.

He doesn't reply immediately and seems to think about what I said.

"So I'll end up with a broken heart anyway?" He asks.

"No, either nobody ever loves you or you love someone endlessly but that person doesn't love you back." I correct him.

"But you also can end with a broken heart because nobody loves you and because you're alone. So in the end, I'll be broken heart." He says and I raise my shoulders up and down. "You're deep"

"And you have a broken heart," I say in turn, looking up at him.

We didn't stop walking since we got out of the parking and it's been like an hour now but I don't want this to end. It's relaxing even though everything we talk about is deep and pretty sad. It's a long walk that I needed.

"That was the first and the last time," He says.

"How can you say that?" I say and then try a joke to cut all this tension. "Maybe I'm the next one who'll break your heart," I say while laughing and he just does the same.

"I hope not because only a heartbreak is enough..." He says between the laughter and the tear.

It makes me feel really sad for him and I could do a lot to cheer him up but I don't know how. I mean, how do people cheer up someone who has been cheated on by their girlfriend? I'm sorry but I've never been in that situation before.

"Let's do a deal then!" I say when an idea popped up in my brain. A pretty cool idea that could make him feel better and maybe laugh.

"Go ahead." He says and I jump to stand in front of him to stop him and I succeed.

"We promise to never hurt each other and we put limits so none of us breaks this promise," I say with a smile and hold out my hand to him.

"No one keeps their promises Alyssa, and I know the consequences. I've never been a fan of heartbreak and you see where I am right now with Jenny..." He says with his voice cracking.

"We don't have to over-complicate it then... and no promises except the fact that we don't hurt each other"

"How could we?"

"Friends shouldn't hurt each other, we should put the limits of this friendship so you won't regret anything... not like you already had..." I say as if I wasn't caring at all but maybe I am. He holds my hand that I kept holding out for him.  

"Deal."

He accepts the pact and a smile spreads from one cheek to the other and it's at this precise moment that I totally get lost in his eyes. His gloomy glance but bewitching green at once. This look which I completely block myself in, in which I find myself trapped. This look of love at first sight which isn't really a look at first sight.

"Hey... you okay?" He asks, shaking me by putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Yeah... can we just get back to the parking? I'm getting cold.." I say and start walking away.

"Wait..." He says and I turn around to find him putting off his winter jacket. "Here," He says walking up to me and holding it out to me.

"What? No, keep it... you must be cold as well." I say but he doesn't move.

"I'm not." He says and I put his jacket on.

Best feeling ever. Some cozy clothes and warmness.

"I'll sleep before I get to my car because of you and your soft jacket," I say and we both laugh our ass off.

"At least you'd be asleep..."

We keep on walking until we reach our cars and I'm about to say goodbye and to give him back his jacket when he cuts me off.

"You can keep it until you get back home if you want. It's pretty freezing in Toronto."

"I'm used to it Shawn... but thank you..." I say and unlock my car.

"See you at the Iconika then." He says when I was getting in the vehicle but I stop myself and stay outside.

"Well,... I don't think I could continue with this job because I really need to earn more money and it isn't an internship that will help me..." I start saying but I've just realized that it'll make Shawn wanting to know about this and wanting to help so I correct myself so he won't insist. "But I'll see what I will do and you have my phone number anyway if you need something" I end.

"Fine".

-----

Hey you! I hope you liked this chapter as you liked the other!

Love you all.

-----