Chapter 44

This whole week past by so far since my mom came back on Saturday morning. Even if she doesn't need her breathing machine anymore, she's still weak and needs to get some rest before she becomes strong enough to do any activity. Therefore, my grandparents decided to stay a bit more so they can take care of her since I got back to college on Monday. I enjoyed the weekend I spent with my family, laughing, smiling and laughing again. During this, Liam acted normally, as if he didn't act like shit the whole week and even if the shy and sweet Liam "came back" I didn't get to know why he was so... different.

That said, when I got back to the University, my teacher wanted to know how our internship went and since I got hired -even if I still need to sign the contracts, he decided that I'll have fewer hours of class than the other which will help me to attend both, the college and the agency. And the Starbucks too.

Life is going pretty good for the moment and I don't want it to flip away.

"Liam?!! Where are you? You're going to be late!" I shout from downstairs so he comes down.

"Here!" He shouts back with his Soccer bag and runs to my mom and Nanny.

"I'm sorry my little boy, I would have loved to attend your game... But I promise that the next one, I'll come with you..." My mom tells Liam while hugging him and Nanny just wished him a good luck before he runs out the house.

"See you later!" I say kissing both of their foreheads and follow Liam in my car right after.

"Is Superman ready to kick some asses?" I say while chuckling and turn the engine of my car on to drive away.

"I've never been more ready than tonight!" He says with an excited tone which makes me smile but his joy gets down when he seems to remember something and frowns. "Where's Josh?"

Oh god, I totally forgot to tell him that Josh can't attend his game. I park my car before I turn to him.

"I'm sorry but he couldn't come since he traveled to visit his grandparents..." I see his smile fading away so I add something that could maybe make him forget this. "But there will be another person who'll watch you... he's a friend of mine and loves soccer! His name is Shawn!" I say with a big smile on my face and moving my hands as if it was a perfect surprise but it doesn't change anything and he just gets out of the car.

"I wanted Josh..." He says and I kneel to him when I join him on the other side of the car.

I put my hands on his shoulders and try to calm him down because I know that he considers Josh as his big brother... or even his dad...

"Hey... Superman will slay the game anyways and I'll record everything and send it to him... Don't worry!" I say and pull him into a hug.

"Wow! Superman playing a soccer game?? I couldn't ask for something better!"  I hear a voice coming from behind me which scared me and turn abruptly to find out that's Shawn.

I stand up and punch him on his shoulder in a playful way.

"You scared the shit out of me! Screw you!" I say and they both, Shawn and Liam, laugh at me. "Well, Shawn, my little brother Liam, Liam, My friend Shawn!"

"Nice to meet the Superman by himself!" Shawn says with the biggest smile ever and they make a high five as two little babies.

"Lyssa! The game is going to start! I gotta go!" Liam says jumping with excitement.

"Well... I wish you a very good luck and I know that you'll rock on the field.. and since you're sleeping at your friend's tonight, I want a hug because I'm sure that you'll forget to say goodbye" I kiss his forehead as if I was a worried mom who'll never see her son ever again.

"Good luck man!" Shawn does a high five again to Liam. Totally normal!

Geez.

Shawn and Liam just make fun of me of being that caring but I give them the worse death look ever which make them laugh even more.

"You can stay here laughing at me but you won't attend your own game!" I say and he instantly stops laughing and runs away.

"You're cruel!" Shawn acts like he's shook and we just get in the bleachers.

"Ready?" I ask him, smiling and he just nods.

The game is going to start in a few minutes and we keep on talking about random stuff but we get interrupted when I feel a hand on my shoulder which makes me turn back.

"Cameron? Wha-what are you doing here?" I ask a bit confused but then I remember that he works here sometimes. "Anyway... Cameron Williams, Shawn Mendes a friend... Shawn Mendes, Cameron Williams a friend as well." I introduce the men who are surrounding me.

"Nice to meet you," Shawn says, holding out his hand to Cameron who holds it as well but his confused look tells me that he's about to add something.

"That's it?... a friend?" He asks among all the people who are talking around us.

I don't know what he's talking about but he'll clear up my mind for sure.

"What?" I ask, smiling at his beautiful eyes and he puts his hands in his pockets.

"Well, I thought that we'd be more than just friends after the way we kissed on Friday night." He says with a smirk which makes me hardly swallow and my smile fades away because I didn't expect that at all.

I'm completely shocked and I feel Shawn tensed behind me.

"Well... I'm going to find something to eat." Shawn says and starts leaving.

-----

Hello everyone! I hope you liked this chapter because I loved writing it! Tell me what do you think about it and what do you think is going to happen next!

Love you all!

-----