Chapter 41

This day made me be really exhausted so I get to the hospital to visit my mom right after I finished with teddy.

"Hey, mom... How are you doing today?" I ask while entering the room and spreading my arms to pull her into a tight hug.

"Well, it isn't that bad to stay in a closed room 24/7, to be honest." She says but i can hear her sarcastic tone which makes me laugh.

I missed her. Really. And I don't how many times I already said that but i truly don't care. I missed her a lot.

"When will you be back home?" I ask and sit next to her, on the bed.

"The doctor said on Saturday morning." She reveals and a huge smile grows on my face.

" I can't wait..." I say and lean my head on her shoulder.

We stay like that for a long time. A calm silence falling in the room. It's a relaxing silence which shows the end of this, the disease, the tears... even though there are a lot of other things that, I'm sure, will destroy this happiness.

I didn't confess or talk with my mom in a while. Since my dad left, in fact. We used to talk a lot about what was going on with my life, the lessons, friends... and even boys but those long talking sessions disappeared at the same time my dad left.

I want to change this though. It's not because someone left that people should change their habits. I don't want to keep on reminding the past. 

"Mom?" I say in a whisper while getting up and she just nods. "Someone asked me out... he wants to pick me up on Friday night on a date..." I finally admit and look at her to see her reaction. 

She's still smiling but she frowns a bit and straightens herself. 

"Aw... that's a cute thing... but what can you tell me about him?" She asks and takes my hand in hers. 

I look down and think a bit to put the things together in my head before I say something. 

"Well, his name's Cameron... I think he's a bit older than me and he has something to do with Liam's soccer club because that's where I met him..." I notice that I don't know many things about him... i literally don't know anything about him. 

"You don't know him..." She says and I look up at her, not knowing what to say but, fortunately, she continues. "Be careful, that's all I want." She says and I thank her while hugging her really tight. 

After a few hours spent with her, I get back home where I find Liam and my grandparents who moved in to take care of Liam and I until mom comes back. 

"Hey! How are you doing?" I ask Nanny and grandpa while putting off my shoes and letting down all my things. 

"Can you come please??" I hear Nanny shout from the kitchen and I just do what she asked me to. 

she's sitting at the table and pilling some potatoes but I get surprised when i notice her worried look. As if something happened. I join her and sit next to her. 

"What's going on?... where is Grandpa?" I ask, frowning as well. 

"He went out but I wanted to talk with you about Liam..." She starts, putting down the knife and the potato she was holding. "Do you know if there's something that happened at his school or anywhere else? Because when I picked him up earlier he seemed angry and acted in a mean way to your grandfather... Did you talk to him?" She reveals and my heart skips a beat. 

It isn't possible, Liam isn't like that. He's like the calmest little boy that I know and he's not the kind of being rude to others. 

"I- I... No, I didn't... but... It isn't usual for him... he's the sweetest..." I say, still frowning. 

"Talk to him, please... I didn't recognize him when he got angry..." She says and I don't wait for even a second more that I'm already getting upstairs. 

I walk until I reach his door and knock on it. Since I don't get any reply, I just open it slowly. 

"Liam??" I ask, not sure of myself while I should be. 

"Get out!" He shouts before I even enter the room. 

What the hell is going on?

"Hey! Calm down! I just wanted to see how you're doing!" I say a bit angry and upset about the way he acts. 

I definitely don't understand why he is acting this way but I'm sure that something is wrong. 

"I don't care! just get out of here!" He raises up his voice but I just stay calm so he won't get angrier and try to understand him. 

"Did something happen?" I ask but he doesn't reply. "Hey, what's going on Superman? You know you can tell me everything, right?" I say and he just gets up from his bed, throws the book he was reading on it and walks up to me. 

"I said leave me alone! I just want to stay alone!" He shouts again and this time I don't insist. 

I get out of the room and stand behind the door, still shook. 

Why the hell would he be that angry while he's the kindest person in the world?? 

What if it's a love story? Does he even have a girlfriend? Maybe I'm just making films in my head and maybe it's only a random problem he met in school but I still don't understand the way he got angry. 

I leave him alone, hoping everything fixes up. 

-----

Hey everybody! I hope you like this chapter even though there's no Shawn!!

Love you all. 

-----