Chapter 101

I don't dare to move but the ringing of my phone doesn't stop, the volume just increases more and I'm standing still, thinking about what is going to happen. The person calling me hid their number from me but I'm sure that if I pick up, the person at the end of the line will be my angel of death. It's only when I see Shawn approaching the phone that I realize that he'll shoot himself in the foot if Cameron hears his voice instead of mine.

"Don't!" I warn him but he just takes the phone so I run to him as fast as I can to take it off his hands. "I'm picking up," I say holding out my hand to him so he gives me the phone but he just steps back and frowns.

"No, you're not." He says and I beg him not to pick up but he doesn't listen to me and slides the green icon to the right and raises the phone to his ear.

I put both of my hands on top of my head, apprehending what's coming next while my boyfriend is looking at me straight in the eyes. I can't read him so much I feel my heartbeat getting faster with the fear of Cameron hurting my beloved.

"Mendes on the phone, who is it?" He asks and I definitely recognize Cameron's voice even though I can't clearly hear what he replies. "She's busy, what do you want?" He says but then a long silence takes place in the condo.

He's listening to what the devil says, he's focused and I have no idea what is said. I'm staring at him but he doesn't move an inch, no words, no sound. Nothing.

I approach him but he lowers the phone and hangs up at the same time as I put my hand on his shoulder.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion when he puts down the phone back on the coffee table. It was a short call, no shoutings, no threats, no insulting. It was a calm call...

"What did he say?" I ask, scrutinizing his expression.

"He said that Liam's next game is postponed to next Friday." He says but there was no game planned this week.

"Why are you lying?" I ask and he rubs his eyes, sighing.

"I'm not, let's just go to bed... I'm tired of this day." He says and walks to the bedroom, letting me alone in this dark living room because of the night that fell hours ago.

I've never been as lost as I am right now and watching Shawn hiding something from me drives me crazy. It's getting out of my control and it's terrifying me. He's doing this for my best though, and I know how much he's upset about me lying to him and I'm only making his life harder to live with all the problems I have.

A heavy and long sigh leaves my lips and I head to the bedroom as well as Shawn did a few minutes ago after I turned off the lights. I open the door slowly, not wanting to annoy him even though he's already mad at me. I get in the room and see him lying in bed, under the warm blanket and his back leaning on the bedhead, scrolling through his phone.

He doesn't notice me and I just get in the bathroom of the room to shower and get ready to go to bed. I look at my reflection through the mirror and realize how much I look exhausted... I'm not surprised though. I need a full 9 hours sleep time this night, I don't care what I have to do tomorrow because I need it.

After changing into pajamas, I get back into the bedroom but Shawn is still focused on his phone. I put down all my things on the chest of drawers that's under the TV and turn back to face Shawn,... well... even if he's not looking up. I'm so angry at my own self for being that stupid and for making him so mad at me. All of this is my fault and I can't let it this way, let's act like an adult a not a teenager.

"I am sorry..." I say, standing in front of him and he finally raises up his eyes from his phone.

He puts it away on the nightstand and spreads his arms to welcome me in them.

"Come here..." He says, almost in a whisper and I don't wait any longer, I just get under the blanket as well.

I lean my head on his chest and hug him tight with my arms around his naked waist.

"I'm so sorry for everything but I've never been as scared of someone as I am right now of Cameron. That night I met a new side of him and I thought that I would never see anyone again..." I stop to take a breath and decide to tell him everything before he talks over. "I noticed that Liam was acting weird a while ago and then he told me that his team was bullying him, you already knew that... But when he told me that his coach was encouraging the others to keep going, I went crazy and that's why I wanted to talk to him that night..." I make a pose but then continue while drawing patterns with my fingers on Shawn's skin. "I went in the cloakrooms, looking for him but then I heard Cameron talking to a player and giving him something to swallow or something, I don't really remember... The thing is that he saw me and locked me in a room with only a door." The more I tell him what happened that night, the more I feel him getting tensed under my body but I keep going anyways, it's the least I could do. He's playing with his hand in my hair and listening carefully. "He threatened me and that's when he called Jenny to keep an eye on me... when we were alone and after a long time, we talked about you and about the fact that she cheated on you, I discovered a new Jenny that night and I'm still amazed, to be honest. Anyway... Cameron came back before I had the time to call you with her phone and that's when I had to break up with you so nobody looks after me... I'm sorry... I didn't want to..." I say and look up at him. His gaze is sweeter and showing me so much love. I lean in and leave a soft kiss on his lips but when I retreat, he asks me to continue and I do so right after I leaned back my head on his chest. "After that, he broke my phone and told me that I had the choice to do whatever I want but if anyone got to know about his affair... he'd hurt me so much that I'd want to end my life... That's why I didn't want to stay with you, I thought that if I left you it would be easier but it turned out that it's the hardest thing I could ever do... I'm sorry Shawn for all of this..." I apologize once more.

I feel Shawn under me moving a little bit and stop playing with my hair.

"Lys... don't cry, please." He says and I realize that I cried while telling him everything about that night that's tearing us apart.

He straightens his body to sit and to make me sit and look at him as well. I notice that I wet his chest with my tears so I hold out my hands to dry it but he takes my hand in his and cups my cheek with the other.

"Why are you crying?" He softly asks, wiping my warm tears with his thumb but his question only makes me cry even more.

"Because I'm such a mess and I'm making your life so much harder... Shawn, I don't deserve you, I'm so wrong for you and I'm just breaking us...Even the media agree..." I stutter between my tears and my snifflings, looking down and playing with my finger.

Shawn sighs and puts both of his hands on my cheeks to make me look at him. Even though my sight is blurred because of my watering eyes, I do so and listen to what he has to tell me.

"No, no, no... Look at me, listen for a sec, please. First, you're not a mess, you're the most organized girl I know, gorgeous, humble, sweet, stunning, intelligent, so down to earth and my personal life wouldn't have been as full of love as since I met you. Fuck what media say, they are stupid and don't know you. You're the best thing that ever happened to me, with my career, whether with the ups or the downs. Even when you break my heart open sometimes, It's too late because I fell so hard for you that I need you more than I know. You say that you're wrong for me but... I say that you're perfectly wrong for me and that's why I never want to let you go. We fight and make love the second that follows, and god knows how much I love this... But that's just the way we are, that's us." He ends and I chuckle.

He made me laugh when I needed it the most and I'm thankful for that. He cheered me up with his words that dance in his mouth while he talks to me. His lips that moving and singing beautiful lines to make me smile, are calling me and I don't wait for even a second and kiss him as passionately as I can. We both get lost in our sheets, surrounded by our love that brings us to heaven.

-----

Hi, strange people that just read this brand new chapter! How are you?

A little reminder: I love you and I'm so thankful for your support <3

-----