Chapter 79

- A few days ago -

"I like you, you're a chill person who doesn't look for fights with other people... Jenny would have called Shawn and shouted at him the second she'd have known about him and Allie but you didn't and I'm happy that he's dating you... I wouldn't even be surprised if she tortures you and kills you to let her Shawn." Teddy says sarcastically when I park the car in front of the studio.

She asked me to drive her here before I go to the university so I accepted.

I'm actually happy that she likes me because she's amazing but I hate when people compare me to other and it's even worse when this person is Jenny. I don't blame Teddy though, she's not saying that in a mean way.

I get that Jenny was acting wrong with him and even though we're so different, what I got wind of last night makes me so angry and sad. I don't know why he acted like that when he wasn't in Toronto and I don't want to think that something maybe happened between Shawn and Allie.

"Thank you, Teddy... you're so sweet" I smile at her and give her a hug before she opens her door. "Goodbye, have a nice day," I say before she gets out which makes her turn to me abruptly.

"Aren't you coming with me?" She asks with her blue widen eyes locked in mine.

"No, I have some things to do..." I lie, looking back at the steering wheel but her gaze on me makes me say the truth. "And I don't wanna see Shawn now." I look back at her to see her reaction but she just smiles and gets out.

She understands and I'm really thankful for that because I don't want to explain myself or argue with people.

I wave at her and drive away to college where I spend some hours, watching teachers talking about some shit i don't even focus on so much I can't stop thinking about Shawn.

When the last class ends with the bell ringing and pulling me out of my thoughts, I pack my things into my handbag, sighing, and walk to my car to join Josh at the Starbucks.

I didn't see him in a long time and talking with him will probably help me calm down so I empty my head to focus on the road but the second I start the engine, my phone rings in my bag. I sigh and look for it to check who's calling me.

< Shawn ❤️ is calling... >

A deep and heavy sigh leaves my lips once again and I decide to turn off my phone. A few minutes later, I arrive at the Starbucks and when I spot Josh behind the counter, a smile grows on both of our faces.

He turns to another worker and puts off his apron before he walks to me.

"Hi, little lollipop! How are you doing?" He asks and I chuckle while hugging him.

Then we head to a table and sit together.

"I'm fine, I guess... It's great to see you. I feel like I never see you since I stopped working here." I say, smiling at him the same way I was since I came in here.

"And Miss Steal is still trying to hide from her best friend," Josh says sarcastically and laughs right after.

Well, I thought I could but it seems like I can't. Josh is the kind of friend who makes it much easier to confess. He's the ear everyone needs in their life and I'm glad to have him because he knows me so well.

He's a gem and Lily is really lucky.

"I'm just mad at Shawn but it's okay, I'll see him tonight and we'll talk... Don't worry" I say the less I can because even though I tell him a lot of things, I don't want to bother him every time.