Chapter 47

A few days passed by with my mom getting well, my brother still acting weird sometimes, the lessons in the university, the Starbucks, and the Agency.

Talking about the Agency, Mister Mayer called me this morning for an appointment to finally sign the contracts and I'm so happy, I can't wait to be officially hired. He asked me to get there after lunch so I first got to the Starbucks to do my job as always.

Also, Josh finally came back.

"Aly... Your best friend is here!" Josh says which confuses me because he's my everything at the moment.

I raise up my head while cashing the man who ordered a drink and my heart just skips a beat.

"Fuck." I curse when I look up to see Jenny entering the diner.

"Too late, you can't hide..." Josh teases me and chuckles with an evil smirk.

I give him the worst look ever but I get interrupted by the devil by itself.

"Give me a coffee Mocha," This hoe says with her sunglasses on.

"Wow! The witch is reborn from her ashes at what I see!" I reply with the same tone she used and start the preparation.

Her smile grows and her mouth is still chewing the gum that's in it such as a cow. That's Jenny, nobody can change her.

"Well, you can thank Shawn... I was at the lowest but now we're back together." She says and my heart just stops beating which makes the drink slip from my hand.

The hot coffee smears on the floor which, visibly, makes her laugh her ass off.

"What?" This is the only thing that I can manage to say.

It takes me some minutes to finally realize what she said and I get back to reality when my boss shouts me to clean what I did.

"Oh... Little Alyssa seems to be shocked... Don't tell me you imagined something with him... No... You can't have the Shawn Mendes..." She says in a calm tone and just gets out without even taking her drink.

"She's a bitch, I'm sure she's lying." Josh tries to reassure me while helping me to clean the liquid that I dropped on the floor.

"How could you know..." I say, trying not to seem sad or angry but the knot in my throat just makes me want to cry.

No, Alyssa. You cried enough for people. Don't.

"Nobody is good enough for you, darling... You know that." Josh says and I look up at him. I smile at what he says with my eyes sparkling but when I'm about to reply, I'm cut off by my ringing phone.

I stand up and look for it in my pocket.

< Shawn Mendes is calling >

I stare at my phone, hesitating if I should pick up or not.

"Pick up... It may be important..." What Josh said is enough to convince me because he's the wise person who makes me make the right decisions.

I look at my watch to check when my job finishes and I realize that there still are 5 minutes left.

"Don't worry, I've got your back..." He says and I quickly kiss his cheek to get out.

"Thank you," I shout so he can hear me and he smiles at me.

Once I'm out I pick up and raise my phone to my ear but I don't say anything.

"Hello?... Alyssa?..." He asks and after a moment, I answer.