Chapter 92

"Lys?..." a voice calls me but I don't want to wake up now. "Alyssa..." I hear Shawn whispering and shaking my shoulder.

I open my eyes and see him kneeling in front of me next to the sofa I spent the night on. I rub my eyes and sit.

"What?" I ask, yawning and moving the blanket on my shoulders.

He's still kneeling with his hand on my lap.

"Why- why did you sleep here?" He asks and sits next to me.

"Did you really wake me up only to ask me this?" I joke, frowning because I'm tired but he probably got it as a complaint because he starts to apologize.

"I'm sorry, i thought that you wanted to see your parents today or to continue your sleep in the bedroom... it'll be much more comfortable and-" he starts rambling but I cut him off by chuckling.

"Shawn... I was joking..." I say and stands up from the sofa to fold the blanket.
I put the pillow I slept on, on the blanket and take them both to the bedroom to put them away in the safe that's at the end of the bed.

Shawn followed me but he stays in the doorframe of the bedroom.

"Why didn't you sleep with me?" He asks and I close the safe. I look at him and then head to a side of the bed to start making it.

"I- you were already asleep and I didn't know if you wanted me next to you..." I say, lowering my voice and my face to look at what I'm doing.

Shawn walks to the bed, stands on the opposite side of it and helps me make it.

"I wanted you next to me... I'll always want you with me no matter how mad I'm at you..." he replies and we start putting back the pillows over the bedspread.

"So you were mad..." I say, more to myself than for him to hear it but he answers anyway.

"Of course I was... I just want to understand you but you keep on rejecting me..." he starts and I straight up but before I can say anything, he stops me. "Yeah I know, we should get some breakfast."

He heads to the kitchen and I follow his steps. I detail him and he's wearing black shorts with a sports top and a headband is wrapped around his wrist. He didn't put on his shoes yet but he has socks on. He's going to the gym like every morning.

I sit behind the island and watch him prepare the breakfast. Only yesterday, I would have hugged him from behind but an evening was enough to change everything.

"What are you going to do today?" He asks and turns to me, letting the eggs and the bacon on the fire.

"I need a new phone since Cam- I lost it. I lost it" I start and hate myself the second I forget and mention Cameron's name but hide it by continuing telling him my plans for today. "I have to go to the agency and I'll go to see my parents..." I end, fleeing his gaze and hoping he didn't notice my mistake.

Unfortunately, he frowns and approaches me.

"do you want me to come with you? You know... to see your parents?" He asks and I look at him with a smile.

"I think... yes, please," I say and look down at my fingers playing on the island.

"Then I'll come with you." He says and bypasses the island to pull me in his arms. I surround him with mine as well and lean my head on his chest. "Did you say Cameron lost your phone?" He asks and I raise up my head to look at him, I pull back a little without getting off his arms but a scent of burnt invades my nostrils and I look behind him.

"Shawn! You let the bacon and the eggs burn!" I shout, push him away and run to shut down the fire. I inhale smoke and cough when my lungs breathe it. Shawn rushes over the stoves and puts them under water in the sink. "You're a terrible cooker, Shaw-" I say but cough before I have the time to end my sentence.

"Fuck" he coughs as well and turns to me. "Are you okay? You're coughing way too much" he says, cupping my cheeks but I just laugh at him.

"Let me make the breakfast the next time and everything will be good" I state, he stares at me and i laugh.

I detail him and look straight into his eyes, chuckling but this eye contact gets broken when I feel his lips on mine.

Butterflies grow in my stomach the second I realize how much I missed this soft gesture that is so familiar to me. My arms around his torso and one of his hands moving to my hair, we start making out with passion until we're out of breath.

I pull back gently and look up at him. It's been only a day but I missed him. And even though he was next to me last night, I've realized that half of him will never be enough for me. He erased all the doubts I had last night with this incredible kiss.

"It took you less time than I thought" I mock and leave a kiss on his chest.

"I love you," he says and pecks my lips once again. "But I have to go to the gym" he steps back and goes to the fridge to take a water bottle and a banana.

"You didn't even take you breakfast," I state to the one who lectures me when I miss a meal.

"It's only 8 in the morning, I'll work out for an hour and I'll buy breakfast on my way back home," he says, peeling his fruit.

"I won't be here when you'll be back. I told you I have things to do and, I swear I'll buy a breakfast on my way to work." I anticipate his lecture but he walks back to the fridge and takes out of it another water bottle and another banana.

"I don't care, you take this with you and you eat them, Alyssa." I nod but he's really serious. "When are you going to your parents'?" He asks and sits behind the island, eating his banana.

"After work or tonight, I don't know yet but I'll call them before I go to work... what will you do today?" I question and sit in front of him.

"I have a meeting with my management team... my album is coming out in a few weeks so we have to review the interviews and the shows I'll play..." he ends and heads to the front door, pecks my lips and gets out. "Call me if you need something" he shouts and I close the door.

Half an hour after his leaving, I'm in a phone store trying to find a new phone to buy because, let's be honest, I use it all the time to call people. I wanted to call my parents this morning but realized that I couldn't because I don't remember their number and Shawn doesn't have it so I have no other option to go to them without calling.

I feel some gazes on me during my shopping but I don't give it too much attention. It's probably nothing or maybe I'm too paranoid because of what happened but I have this weird impression of everyone looking at me.

I feel like I didn't see strangers in a long while and like I didn't shop in the mall in ages so maybe that's why tingling tickles my neck, as eyes watching me.

Once I get my phone with a new number, I walk to my car, looking down and turning the phone on. I plug it to my car so it can charge its batteries while I'm driving. The way to the Inkonica agency isn't too long so I quickly arrive there and get in it to prepare my stuff because I have a photo shooting with a special guest. Rose doesn't work today so I don't have to answer all her curiousness and I thank god for that.

I don't know who's the special guest Mister Mayer was talking about but I turn on all the lights, the computer and the cameras to make sure that everything is working before they come.

But while I was setting the material, my phone rings in my pocket.

I frown, wondering who it could be since nobody has my number but when I check it, I realize that it's a message.

I unlock the screen and open it.

< From: (416)-555-0175

So you're playing with the fire by choosing to stay with him... be careful, Alyssa. One word about it and I'll be done with you. >

——
Hi everyone!! I didn't have much feedback on the last chapter so tell me what you think about it!!!

And go read my other story 2 worlds, 1 love!!!

Love you all
——-