Chapter 70

- EXTERIOR POV -

Locked in this dark room, Alyssa can hear all the supporters shouting outside and enjoying the game while her whole world is slowly and hardly slipping away from her hands...

She can't stop crying, wondering if she could have stopped all of this before it got that far. She knows that she could have if she had paid more attention to what was going on around her.

***

- 2 weeks ago: Alyssa's POV -

"You can, at least, call him back... Aly... He cares about you..."Josh says, playing with a strand of my hair.

He's right I should listen to him because Shawn didn't do anything wrong, he just didn't pick up when I called him and didn't try to call back either, but it's okay.

I pull back from Josh's embrace and look for my phone to turn it on.

"I'm so mad at him..." I mumble, looking down at my phone and hiding behind my hair which is falling on my forehead.

Josh stands up and leaves a kiss on my cheek before he gets out of the living room so I can talk quietly with my supposed lover. I click on his number and call him.

After a few rings, his voice finally comes on the phone.

"Lys? Oh my god, are you okay?" He asks with his voice cracking which sounds like he's relieved after a long time of worrying.

"Yes... Josh told be about the date..." I start but wait in case he takes the speech over me and he does.

"Yeah, I wanted to spend the night with you... we didn't see each other in a while and I thought that we could go out together..." he asks, almost shyly and that reminds me back of when we were supposed to hate each other, but we actually had deep talks while walking.

We're back to when we were so vulnerable and weak together. Maybe we never stopped being vulnerable. Maybe we still are.

"I'm not really in the mood to go out... I just want to stay home..." I say and lay back on the couch I was sitting on.

I hear him sighing lightly and I easily can imagine him rubbing his eyes with his big fingers.

"Could you, at least, stay home with me... at my place? I'd come to bring you home, no need to drive or anything." He says, almost begging and I just close my eyes to reflect. "I don't wanna go to bed like this... Not while we're not okay."

I know that I can't just flee and ignore him only because I'm mad at him but today I'm not feeling good... I feel like my brain or even my body can't work properly.

"Alright... I'll pack some clothes..." I finally accept and get up from the couch with still my phone against my ear.

"I'll be there in 10," He says and I just mumble a 'see you' before I hang up.

I head to Josh's room where he locked himself, to tell him that I won't sleep the night here.

I feel my eyelids getting heavier, my step slowing down and the fatigue growing in me. However, I haven't done anything exceptional today except sitting behind a desk and editing photos but now I'm reaching saturation point.

I knock on the door and get in the room when Josh shouts me to enter.

"Everything's okay?" He asks from his bed where he's laying with his laptop on his thighs.

"Yeah... Shawn is coming, I'll spend the night with him..." I say, still holding the door handle.

He shuts down the laptop and walks up to me.