Chapter 60

"Excited?" I ask and he lets go of me to take my bag.

"Afraid." He chuckles and shifts to the side to let me enter his condo.

I step forward and get in the living room where I listened to 'In My Blood' for the first time but also where Jenny slapped me. I laugh when I remember that because it was really stupid.

"What are we going to do?" I ask and turn to him.

He puts my bag on the floor, next to the couch and straightens back.

"I tried to cook something but I don't guarantee you that it's good." He admits and gets in his kitchen.

He's actually really cute when he's out of control whether with his fans reactions to the song or something else like... cooking.

I follow him in the kitchen where I stop at the doorway and cross my arms to admire his back. He probably is stirring something in a saucepan and I'm sure he doesn't know I'm watching because I can hear him swearing quietly.

"Shit... It looks so gross," He almost whispers.

I walk forward to him and hug him from behind with my arms around his waist and my hands on his belly, which is really muscular with his abs actually.

"Can I see?" I ask from behind his back since I'm shorter than this giant human being.

"No... It looks really disgusting..." He says and I can't help but laugh so I just pull him back so I can see.

"What. Is. This. ?" I ask, trying not to laugh again but this is really really cute.

I lean in to smell it and to my great surprise, it smells really good.

"it's rice." He admits and turns off the fire. "don't judge on the look sweetie, you might be surprised!" He says with a smirk and raises his eyebrows up.

"I didn't say anything!" I try to retort but he just stops me by putting his hand on my mouth.

"You are going to act like a nice pretty girl, take your ass out of this kitchen and sit on the couch because it's almost ready." He says and I don't add anything but get to the living room.

I take my phone to scroll through my feed on Twitter and see what people already say on the new song. I don't know why but until now, I didn't look for him on social media or anything else.

This is the very first time I get to read what people say about him and how they see him so I just type his full name in the research section.

I  get down and read some tweets but one of them catches my eyes.

* SHAWN PETER RAUL MENDES IS A PROFESSIONAL TEASER WHO LIKES WATCHING US FREAKING OUT *

I can't help but laugh, fans are freaking out while he's in his kitchen, struggling with his rice that looks disgusting.

"Why are you laughing?" I hear his voice and look up at him but I just ignore his question.

He's carrying two plates and puts them on the coffee table.

"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes is a long name!" I say laughing while he's looking for something.

"Shut up, Alyssa is longer than my entire name," He says which makes me laugh even more. "What? This is true!"

"What are you looking for?" I ask but I get an answer at the same time he finds the remote control to turn on the TV.

He shuts the volume and sits next to me without saying anything but staring at me. I make a quarter turn and sit cross-legged to look straight into his eyes.