Chapter 26

I'm editing some pictures in the Inkonica Agency while talking with Rosalie, as we always do. We keep on talking about random girl stuff, boys, parties. We don't talk about the sad things because we know, the both of us, that we'll get in some deep shit. So we just talk like two best friends.

We were enjoying this moment, even if we were at work when my phone rings. It makes me jump because I wasn't waiting for any call from anyone so it just confuses me but I take my bag to look for it. I pack off many things and when I finally reach it I check the screen.

The hospital.

The hospital is calling.

"Aly? You okay?" Rosalie asks, putting her hand on my shoulder.

My eyes are locked on this screen and I don't know what to do. I'm just too anxious to think properly and I don't know what to expect.

Is it a good or a bad news?

I'm internally begging God to be a good news and slide the phone icon to the right.

"I-I have to take that call, I'm coming back," I say and get in the elevator to get outside this building.

I check one last time who's calling and it's really the hospital so I raise my phone to my ear and stay quiet.

"Miss Alyssa Steal?" I recognize that voice. It's my mom's doctor.

"Ye-yes... It's me." I say, stuttering.

I try to stay calm and to chill my eggs because it could be only a random call to check something.

I need it to be only this otherwise I don't know what I will do.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

"Alyssa... If I'm calling right now, it isn't like the other times. It's not only to check some papers." He starts and my world just falls apart. Tears start flowing down my cheeks and my hands start shaking but he keeps going. "Miss Steal, your mom died yesterday night because of her disease. She couldn't breathe properly and the machines weren't enough. Her lungs were damaged and couldn't be replaced... I-I'm sorry."

Hearing him saying this, tears me apart. It's like he punched a hole right through my hurt but this one, no one in the whole entire world can repair it. No one.

"Alyssa?" The man on the line is still here.

I can't stop crying and screaming in this empty parking. I drop my phone on the ground and fall on my knees. It could have hurt me but I'm already hurt. I can't. That's it. I wasn't there for her, spending my time in my jobs, with Liam, and at parties. I could have spent more time with her even though she wasn't able to talk.

"Alyssa!"

My hands are shaking and my whole body as well.

"ALYSSA" I hear someone screaming and my body is shaking so hard.

I open back my eyes, breathless and I see Shawn sitting on his knees next to me on the bed I am lying in. He's grabbing my shoulders but I'm still shaking and I don't know what happened. I try to look around to find out where I am but my head is hurting so bad.

"Hey... calm down... It was just a nightmare..." Shawn says slowly, now sitting and cuddling my back.

My breath is jerky.

"I-I... I- ne-need to..to..." I try to say something but I can't stop stuttering.

I'm lost.

"Just breathe in... and then out..." I do what he's saying. "Do it again until you're calmed" I try to do what he said but I can't.

I need to see her. I want to see her and stay by her side.

"I want... I want to see... I want to see my mom." I say and try to get up but he holds my arm. I turn back to him and he's looking at me trying to know if I'm joking or not. "She's at the hospital," I say and his eyes widen. "Is... do you know where Cameron is?" I ask putting on my shoes.

"He's gone..."

"Oh no... I came here with him... I thought he would have waited for me..." I say a little disappointed.

I start tieing my hair and see Shawn getting up from the bed and putting on his jacket.

"Let's go, I'm bringing you to the hospital." He says and gets out of the room, living me shook.

We both stay quiet during the journey. I'm vulnerable and he knows it. He's just driving and I'm here stressing out.

I can't stop thinking about everything that's happening in my life and then I remember Liam.

"Shit!" I whisper to myself but Shawn hears it.

"Something's wrong?" He asks, turning his head to me.

"Yeah, Yeah just focus back on the road please." I lie but I truly hope that Liam is going well with the babysitter.

A few minutes later, he parks the car and I run in the Hospital until I reach my mom's room. I tell the nurses she's my mom and I enter the room.

She's sleeping. Like an angel. She's like I left her the last time I saw her. Everything seems to be fine and I just stay by her side a little, my head leaning on her chest and hearing her heartbeat.

"Alyssa?..." I hear the voice of Shawn after a knock on the door and I tell him to enter but the doctor is getting in the room as well.

I stand up, tensed.

"Hi... Doctor... I-is everything going right?" I ask weakly.

"Mister, could you leave the room, please? I only need to talk to the members of the family." The doctor addresses Shawn.

-----

Hi everyone! I hope you like this new chapter! Tell me what did you think about it and what do you think is going to happen next!

love you all.

-----