Chapter 39

I was enjoying this moment of happiness in his arms when my phone rings in my pocket which makes us separate from each other. I look up at him and the only thing I notice is his precious smile but the sound that my phone is making seems to me like it's getting even louder so I take my phone and check the screen to see who's calling me.

Cameron.

Why is he calling me?

"Oh... It's Cameron...umm... I'm sorry... I have to pick up... " I tell Shawn with a little smile to excuse myself.

"It's alright... I have to go to the studio anyways... see you!" He says and I nod while stepping back slowly to get some private space and he just gets out of the building as well.

Realizing that I picked up the phone about 5 minutes ago but that I was stuck watching Shawn getting out, I put my phone back against my ear and answer to Cameron.

"Hi, Cameron... how are you?" I ask while getting back to my office.

"Hey, Alyssa... I'm fine, thank you but I'm calling to ask you out... I know it might seem a bit abrupt but I don't really have the time right now and I really wanted an answer..." He says quickly as if he was about to miss his train so I reply without even thinking about my answer.

"We-well... Yeah, it could be nice..." I say and he responds right after.

"Could I pick you up on Friday night?..." He stops, probably hesitating to add something but he finally does. "... for a date?..." he says with a sweeter voice.

His proposal leaves me speechless because I wasn't expecting that at all... I don't even know if I want to go on a date with him or anyone else, to be honest.

I reach my office and slouch in my seat which makes my friend Rosalie come to me with her questioning face. She mouthes some words that I cannot manage to understand so I just keep going with the conversation I'm having with Cameron.

"... Ummm, Yeah, it's fine!" I say, hesitating but he just thanks me and hang up the phone.

My blondie friend comes back to me when she hears that I said goodbye to Cameron. I can hear the sound of her high heels approaching me. Her slim dress at the waist and her long blond hair falling on her shoulders, she embodies the perfect model of the businesswoman.

"Hey! Who was it? You seemed really confused!" She says while sitting down in her chair and crossing her legs.

I put my phone on my desk and turn to face her.

"Cameron... He wants to pick me up on a date on Friday..." I reveal and looks down at my fingers.

"Oh, girl... This is getting serious!... I don't know how he looks like but I hope you'll enjoy your time!" she says and I raise my head up to her abruptly when I realize that she never met him.

"Well... He's pretty tall, black hair, watery green eyes, white teeth, always with a leather jacket... and most of the time he wears sunglasses..." I try to describe him as well as I can but I realize that I don't really know him or even his personality.

"Wow... he seems to be the perfect heartbreaker," She says and gets into an uncontrollable giggle.

"I don't know because he was really sweet and kind to me... but I may be wrong and he could be a serial killer who's preparing a huge slaughter," I say but this time i join her and laugh my ass off.

A few minutes pass and we slowly calm down. I wipe the tears that flew on my cheeks because of this giggle and I just shake my head to pull away all those wild thoughts.

"At least, being fully hired will cheer me up," I say and look at her in a corner.

"Excuse me, what?" She asks with her wide blue eyes.

"Shawn's manager liked the photos I took and they made a proposal with a contract that I'll have to sign in the future..." I smile at her and she does the same.

"Miss Alyssa Steal, may I tell you that you rock? Because you're definitely slaying!" She says and jumps to hug me.

"Thank you" I laugh.

We keep on talking about girl stuff while editing pictures the rest of the morning.

Most of the people say that real and true friends are those who we know since our childhood but I don't agree. I don't think that we have to know a person for a long time to consider them as true friends. All that matter is that we feel free to tell them everything and laugh with them on random stuff but they also have to be the one we're honest with. And maybe I'm wrong, and maybe nobody will understand this but that's what a friendship is to me.

I'm not the kind of person who talks all the time about the people I love or even showing them I love them even though I really do. I don't have a lot of friends and the friends I had when I was in high school all disappeared even if we tried to stay in touch. I'm not the kind of person who expresses herself all the time but I know what I would tell Josh and Rosalie if I wanted to show them that they mean a lot to me. I'm not the kind of person who'd say that I love them but yet friends are essential in life. They build happiness, joy, and good memories. They also are the precious ear of moments of doubts and sadness. That's what Josh and Rosalie are to me, even Shawn...

I don't show any feeling unless I can't handle them but I could call my friends after midnight just to remind them that I'll always be there for them the way they're here for me. And it gets lonely when there's no one to talk to but it's good to know that somebody cares.

That's why friends are essentials.

"Thank you, Rose..."

-----

Hey everyone! I know I didn't post earlier so I just wanted to excuse myself.

I love you all!

-----