Chapter 57

"Did you like the movie?" Cameron asks when we get out of the cinema and puts his hand on my back.

"Honestly, no... but your jokes were so funny so, at least, thank you because I had a lot of fun..." I say while we're still walking to our cars.

Once we reach them, I stop next to the door and he just stands in front of me. Staring at me with those watery-green eyes that I noticed from day one.

"And I spent with you the best time I ever had in a while... We should hang out together more often..." He says and steps forward to me, reducing the space between our bodies.

"Yeah... Maybe we should..." I say and look down at my handbag to look for my keys.

"So... you're open up right?" He asks with a smirk and starts slowly leaning in but I stop him with my hand against his chest.

"No way." I turn back to open the door of my car but before I get in it, I look one last time at him. "You know... I'm not that kind of girl and it upsets me a lot when people think that I'm someone I'm not... Bye Cameron." I say and get in my car without letting him arguing.

I'm way too tired even though I declined the dinner he proposed before we went to the cinema... I don't know why I'm that exhausted but I know for sure that tomorrow morning, I'll look like a zombie. It happens to me everytime I spend my night out on a weekday so I just pray to God that a miracle happens and that I'll wake up with the most angelic face ever which, of course, I can keep on dreaming about until the rest of my life.

When I'm finally back home, I immediately go to bed since everyone is asleep and I don't even check my phone as I usually do. Seems like the texts I got will wait until I wake up tomorrow.

-

I'm driving to the agency and I feel like I'm a zombie after the night I spent with Cameron and I knew it. Feeling like a walking dead is the worst feeling ever and I don't get why I'm that tired of the last night, I mean, when I went to parties the nights lasted longer and I wasn't as weak as I feel right now.

I didn't even eat this morning because I was late and I didn't want to throw up either. Something is happening in me which i don't understand but I don't even have the strength to find out what's wrong.

I didn't get to see Shawn this past week either because when he could, I was busy whether with my brother or my work and when I could, he was the busy one and I'm not happy about that. I couldn't talk to him about what was happening in my life and I couldn't have any call which makes me being so upset since I don't like texting.

However, he told me that he would be at the agency today to check the photos I edited and start the promotion with the magazines.

"Hi Rose, how you doing?" I ask when I join her in her office.

She turns around and seeing her beauty just punches me in the face. Can someone tell me how can a person look that good while I'm struggling to stay up? She's the kind of person who always dresses perfectly, from her outfit to her shoes and hair. I've never seen her in a comfy outfit and I'm sure that her "comfy outfit" definition is jeans and a blouse while mine is a hoodie and sweatpants.

"Hey! I didn't see you in like forever!" She says while standing up on her high heels.

"I know and I'm sorry... you look gorgeous by the way," I say and start preparing my things to the meeting room.

"Thank you, hun... well, I guess that you have a meeting, right?" She asks with a smile on her face which shows all her white teeth.

I nod and smile as an answer and start walking away to the room but I unlock my phone to call Shawn before because I really want to see him alone.

Before I get in the room, I start searching his name in my contacts but I don't have the time to call him that I hear his voice coming from behind me.

Speaking of the devil, I turn back and finally see his beautiful face which makes me immediately smile.

"Hi, hun... how you doing?" He asks me but I don't say anything and pull him into a hug.

I wanted this. I needed this. His hands in my hair and my head against his chest, we just stand here and enjoy this quiet moment during which the only song that plays in my ears is his heartbeat. This is the best music ever and I could stay like that for hours but at my great despair, he pulls me back to cup my cheeks and he makes me look at him.

"You okay?... You look really tired." He says and frowns, probably trying to read me which makes me laugh.

His worried look is so cute but I couldn't manage to hold back my laughter.

"Yeah... don't worry... I just went out yesterday and my sleeping time wasn't long enough."I say and hide back by leaning my forehead on his chest.

"Oh my god... who kept you up late so you seem that tired." He says and chuckles probably saying that without any purpose but, guess what, the dumbass I am answers without thinking twice.

"It was Cameron... he asked me out when I saw him at Liam's soccer club," I say but he doesn't reply anything.

I feel him getting tensed so I step back to look into his eyes, a bit worried.

"I don't like that Cameron..." He admits and runs his hand through his hair and I immediately understand.

"But he's only my friend, Shawn... He wanted to hang out and we did it as friends that's it..." I say and put my hands around him.

"He clearly wants more than just be friends and it's not even about that... He's just way too mysterious as if he was hiding something." He says and I step back again.

I honestly didn't think that it would upset him because I told Cameron that I didn't want anything even though he's really handsome.

"And you deducted this only by seeing him one time?... Listen, I know you don't like him but you can't ask me not to see him because of that. I'm sorry but I'm old enough to know if a person is good for me or not." I say a bit mad that he worries about something that doesn't matter to me.

Although he's only worried about me, I don't want someone to warn me all the time. I have enough warning with my mom and Josh who always lecture me.

"I didn't ask you anything but if I can't tell you my opinion on this then how could this work since the main thing on a relationship is communication?" He asks which awares me off.

I knew it, it was way too early. I knew it.

"Maybe we shouldn't have broken the rules and crossed the limits," I say a bit worried because We didn't even start that we're already fighting for something that isn't even important to me.

"I don't know..." He says and looks down at his hands.

I don't want this to end but because of Cameron, it's ruining everything. Even Josh doesn't like Shawn and my mom doesn't really agree with this either.

A silence falls between us during which I think a lot and try to figure out what we should really do.

I hate this, we went from a little thing that doesn't mean anything to an eventual break up while I didn't ask for all of this.

It just makes my head burn out and this drama makes me feel even more tired.

"Can we talk about this later please?..." I ask by putting my hand on his chest and he only nods.

I wait for a moment but then I start walking away to get in the meeting room.

"Wait..." He says from behind me which stops me and makes me turn back. "Alyssa... We really need to talk because you're not okay. You seem really weary and you lost a lot of weight..."

"I'm okay," I say and get in the room.

-----

Hi everyone! I hope you liked this chapter! Tell me what do you think it will happen next!

Love you all.

-----