Chapter 97

I'm on the couch with my laptop, working on editing the photos of Shawn I took in the Agency. People would think that he doesn't need any correction but that's my job, making everything perfect to the world even though I think it's already beautiful. I woke up this morning alone in the bed when the rays of the sun crossed the large bay window even in the cold weather that's outside. There's only Shawn not to put blinds in his place but remembering last night and how I peacefully slept on his chest after the fight we had, was enough to get up with the smile.

I check the time to see how much do I have left before Shawn comes back from the gym but realize that he can get in any minute now. I drink the last drops of my hot chocolate and put down the mug on the living room table. I'm done with my work so I save everything and shut down the laptop so I can get ready.

We planned to go together to the studio to film his music video before we go to the interview he talked about yesterday. So today is pretty busy but I also wanted to talk with Jenny as soon as possible and I have no idea how I'm gonna contact her. But after a few moments of thinking about it, I decided to look for her on social media and send her a direct message saying that I want to talk with her.

The second I get up to wash the mug I used, I hear keys unlocking the front door. Shawn shows up all sweaty and I walk to him.

"How was the waking up without me?" he asks and leans in, to peck my lips.

"Perfect!" I joke, not wanting to build the ego of the humble man in front of me. He chuckles and shows me what he bought on his way back home.

"Oh... well, I bought some donuts for you for breakfast because I know that you like that but the queen is doing better without me, right?" I try to take the box filled with delicious donuts but he closes it as soon as I attempt to take one.

"Oh, shut up you're the one playing the queen here." I chuckle and cross my arms over my chest, moving my eyebrows up and down.

He giggles like a child which makes me melt inside of me. He puts down the box on the table, surrounds my waist with his strong arms and holds me tight up, to the point that my feet don't touch the floor anymore.

"Dude, you're all sweaty!!" I laugh because of his kisses in my neck. I'm the most ticklish girl in the world and he plays it.

Even though his perfume still smells good, it's not really my thing to run to people who are sweaty and hug them that tight.

My attempts to get off his grip don't work at all since he's way stronger than I am but I can't deny that his kisses make me fall even more for him.

"You like it, eh?" He asks, leaving my neck and looking up at me.

I wrap my legs around his hips so I don't fall even though he's holding me, and put my hand on his shoulders.

"Shawn, I love you any way you are but you need to take a shower" I chuckle and open my legs to stand on them.

"I thought you'd take your shower with me" he smiles like a child asking for extra snacks which makes me giggle but the time is running and we're gonna be late for the filming of the music video if we don't speed up a little more.

"I already took it!" I say over my shoulder while heading to the kitchen with the box of donuts.

I hear him mumble behind me and walk to the bathroom. He can e such a child when he tries to get what he wants and seeing him sulk like that is hilarious.

***

We're here in the studio where Shawn is filming his upcoming music video for like an hour now and I'm impressed how he puts all his emotions, all his pain and all his love in what he's doing. I already knew that character trait of him but seeing him doing so is another thing. 

I'm watching him acting on the floor and I imagine how can be his concerts and how it feels to hear him singing live. I do listen to him when he's randomly singing under the shower, when he's working in his music room or even when he's on his phone but now I realize how much I would like to attend one of his concerts, only to feel the power of his voice overwhelming the whole crowd in front of him that is singing every single lyric as well. Those people probably know his lyrics much better than he does. Well, that's what I deduce from the anecdotes he tells me sometimes when we're cozy, lying on the bed. 

I was deep in my thoughts and smiling while contemplating him when my phone rings and makes me jump in by surprise because I wasn't waiting for any call from anyone. 

I pick it from my pocket and read who's calling but the number isn't registered on my phone. 

Who is it?

To find out, I slide the green icon to the right and raise up the phone to my ear. 

"Hello?" I ask and at my great surprise, it's a woman's voice which I know. I can't put the finger on who it is but Iknow her for sure. 

"Alyssa? It's Jenny..." Jenny says and my eyes widen. 

"Wait..." I ask Jenny to hold on a second and I get out of the studio. 

Shawn can easily hear me talk and even though I don't want to lie to him any longer, I can't risk letting him hear everything I'm going to ask Jenny so I find it way safer to leave the studio so he stays focused on his work. 

I walk out and push the massive door of the entry and as soon as I put a foot outside, the cold wind hits me hard. I didn't even think of taking my coat with me. 

"Alyssa, you sent me a message this morning, that's why I'm calling." I hear Jenny asks again and I focus back on her while trying to warm up myself. 

"Oh yes... umm... thank you for calling me, I have so much question about the night Cameron got crazy..." I say in hope that she'll explain me everything. 

"Yeah... I can't tell you everything... In fact, I have nothing more to tell you than what you already know, you know. My one purpose at the beginning was to get back with Shawn in a relationship and Cameron took it in his advantage and started threatening me because he knows a lot of things about me that can make my loss... That's why I'm stuck with him and when I realized how far he wanted to go, I couldn't leave... I'm sorry" She apologizes once again which makes me less dislike her. 

He has a great heart and isn't as bitchy as she used to seem when I first met her but I have a hundred questions that are still looking for their answers.  

"Wait, you said that you realized how far he wanted to go, what does he want to do? and what does he know about you that you don't want people to know? What is he going to do next and-" I ask all the questions that come up in my mind but before I have the time to continue, I hear the door behind me open and when I turn back, I see Shawn standing in front of me. 

-----

I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOYED, LOVELIES

-----