Chapter 53

I woke up this morning really excited because I'll finally work as a real employee. I get ready as fast as I can and wear a simple outfit with black pants, white blouse, white sneakers and a black handbag. Nothing is better than a common outfit. 

"Hey, mom... Yo, Superman..." I say when I get downstairs and enter the kitchen where they are taking their breakfast. 

I leave a kiss on their cheeks. I pour a bit of orange juice in a glass and drink it quickly not to be late. 

"Hello... Where are you working today?" My mom asks and I check my phone before I reply. 

"I'll be at the agency the whole day because I'm giving back the signed contract to Mr. Mayer and I have a photo shoot with Shawn..." I say, looking down at my feet because I didn't talk to her about Shawn yet. 

I just hope that she won't ask anything but to my misfortune, Liam seems to remember him and takes the speech. 

"Shawn? Is that the boy who came with you to watch my game?" He asks while eating his cereals and I contain myself no to give him a death look. 

I love him. I really do. 

"Who's that Shawn boy?" She finally asks and I can't just get out of here and ignore her question even though I would love to be able to do that. 

"Nobody... he's just a boy I work with," I say and try to hide because she knows when I lie. 

"He's nobody ugh? That's why he accompanied you at your brother's game, right?" She says with a smile while packing my brother's snack in his backpack. 

"He means a lot to me... Can we talk about that later please?" I ask and she just nods with still a smile on her face. 

She knows me so well, I can't hide and she plays with this advantage she has on me. 

"Could you pick Liam up after school and bring him to his training? Because I'll be at the hospital to try to get hired again." She admits out of nowhere which leaves me shocked. 

"What?? Are you sure that you are ready?" I ask because I'm scared that she can't catch up with the work rhythm even though she doesn't need her breathing machine anymore and can get out at any time she wants to. 

"Yes. Now just get out if you don't want to get late." She cuts me off but I do what she said because she's right. 

I get in the car and drive until i reach the agency's building. I walk straight to Mr. Mayer's office. I knock on the door and slowly open it when he shouts me that I can get in. 

"Hi, Mister Mayer... I signed the contract..." I say and look in my handbag to pick the papers from it. 

"I thought that you'd take less time to sign it than you actually did." He says and holds out his hand to take the papers. 

I smile softly at what he says because I don't know if I should take it in the good or the bad way. He checks the signatures and then puts the contract in a folder. 

"So you read that you'll get a wage and that you have to work every day, right?" He asks as if he wanted to check that I really read what was written. 

Does he really think that I'd sign something without reading the policy and the conditions? 

"Yes, I read everything," I say, still standing in front of him. 

He takes off his glasses and nods. 

"You can go and prepare the studio, Mister Mendes is coming in less than an hour." I thank him and start walking out of the office but he stops me. "Also..." He starts and I turn back to face him. "Since you're starting with him with the promotion photos... You'll continue until they finish the cover of the album. And of course, you'll also have to take pictures for the magazines. You'll have to keep up with everything." 

"No problem..." I say, smiling and get out of the office without him stopping me. 

I greet Rosalie quickly and go to the floor above so I can prepare the studio. 

Last time, we've talked about something simple so I put a grey background an turn on all the lights. 

My camera is charged, my computer is plugged in, and the flash is working, only the model is missing.

"Hi," I hear Shawn greeting from behind me. 

Speak of the devil and he appears. 

I don't know how I should act or how I should say hi so I just try to talk about the photo shoot but he speaks before I do. 

"Why did you leave yesterday?" He asks out of nowhere. 

He's standing straight, in front of me and looking angry as fuck. 

"Wow, that was abrupt!" I say in a sarcastic tone. 

I look around and notice that the stylist is talking with Josiah and Andrew. 

"As abrupt as when you pulled me away to leave the party!" He says getting closer to me and I'm about to argue but he doesn't let me the chance to. "No, stop. Don't try to defend yourself... Why do you keep on running away from me?" He asks and I hear his voice cracking because of the anger. 

"Because we made a promise... To never hurt each other..." I say looking down at my feet.

"I don't give a shit about that promise because it was stupid and you're hurting me by keeping me far from you. Find yourself another reason because you're just hiding behind this deal. Just give me a reason and I'll let you" He says and frowns. 

I run my hands through my hair and try to calm down because I'm getting angry, anxious and tired of this. 

"I'm not going to give up... I don't want to-" He starts again but I just cut him off. 

"Can we just begin the photo shoot?" I ask, looking around and pissed off. 

"No! I'm not moving if you don't talk to me," he says and steps forward me. 

"Because one day you'll leave me the way everyone does! And don't tell me that you won't because even my dad left me... If he left me while I'm his daughter then you'll leave me too." I shout in the studio which makes everyone shut up. 

"you worry about the end while we didn't even start... How could I leave you if you don't even let yourself get lost in your feelings?" He says stepping forward again but now there is only  10 cm between us. 

"I'm protecting myself," I say and drop a tear that flows down on my cheek. "I don't want anything with you..." I say while looking at the screen of my computer. 

"Look me in the eyes and tell me that you don't want anything again... Then I'll leave you alone" He says and cups my cheek with one of his hands but then runs it through my hair.

I keep on looking down, not sure of myself and already regretting what I am about to do. 

"I don'-" I start saying but he cuts me off.

"Look me in the eyes," He says and I let a tear dropping on my cheek. 

"I can't," I say and hide my face in his chest. 

He pulls me into a tight hug by leaning my forehead against his chest.  

"Enjoy your youth instead of refraining yourself from living." He whispers in my ear. 

I wanted to protect myself from him while I feel safer in his arms. 

-----

Hi everybody! I took a long time to write this chapter so I hope that you liked it! Tell me what do you think about it! (I'm so proud of the last thing Shawn said lmao #youth )

Love you all. 

-----