Chapter 86

- EXTERIOR POV-

"I know and...because of me, people think that I'm a bad person and judge me but I'm just a human, after all, right?" Jenny tries to reassure herself but Alyssa doesn't agree.

Not completely.

"How do you want them to think that you're nice if you hurt even the one you say you love with all your heart? How do you want people to like you if you cheat on the one person who could see the good in you?" Alyssa starts and makes a break before she continues. "He didn't cheat on you with me, you just broke his heart without any reason" She tries to understand Jenny who's supposed to be someone she hates.

Now Jenny is the one crying so much she feels guilty because she realizes how bad she messed up.

Everyone says that the things happen for a reason... but maybe it's because of something.

Both of the women are stuck in this closed room and Alyssa doesn't know what to do. It might be nothing serious but, slowly, the fear is growing in her.

She doesn't know why this happened and she doesn't even understand why. She was just looking for someone and now they don't want to let her go.

They're keeping her there for some reason that she can't figure out because she can stay quiet with the only purpose to protect the ones she loves. Struggling with the shock, the anger and the sadness that are overwhelming her, she tries to think and reflect properly to get out of this whole shit she put herself in without even wanting to.

Shawn told her to stay with him but she didn't listen to him.

Now they caught her and she's regretting.

Hearts get torn but do they really heal?
How can a broken heart heal if what made it beat is gone? Nothing can replace something else, so how can someone get over a loss that destroyed them?

Maybe books and movies are only the illusion of a perfect world that doesn't exist. Maybe they're just idealizing something that hurts more than it makes happy. Or on the contrary, maybe they blame that feeling which can breathe back to life some broken souls.

Or they can be right and both coexist in this world: the destroying love and the healing love. The bad and the good one.

But every person is different and can love someone in a specific way, right? So how can people talk about love as if it was the same feeling for everyone? And how can people compare the ones they loved while they're not the same?

He didn't ask for anything, he just fell for girls who changed his life. Whether in the good or the bad way.

"She came in here but didn't get out yet so she's here" Shawn states but Cameron isn't going to let him.

"The game already started, now just get out of here or I'll call the security" Cameron frowns and contains his anger by contracting his jaw.

Shawn notices it but it only makes him angrier and less patient. However, he doesn't insist and steps back slowly until he turns around and walks back outside.

He heads to his car, letting the game to focus on something more important. He takes his phone and tries to call her. One time, two times, three... but nothing. Nobody picks up.

She will call back later and show up, right?

It might be nothing and she probably really broke up... but he just can't get over the fact that she's not interested in 'no promises' anymore.

How could she?

He went back to the bleachers to look for her and see if she came back but there's no Alyssa and even her parents are alone. There's no sign of her anywhere.