Chapter 52

She dared.

Her hand slapped my cheek with her long nails that could kill someone. I feel my face burning and turning red so I hold my hand to my cheek to try to ease the pain. I didn't know she was that savage but the moment my hand touches my cheek, I feel a drop running down it. I take back my hand from my face and notice that she slapped me really hard that a bit of blood flew out. She hurt me with her fucking witchy nails.

A knot forms in my throat because of the anger that's building up but I can't be as savage as she is. I can't hurt her only because I'm angry. I can't hurt her only because she did. I can't slap her back because I'm not like that.

I don't want to be like that.

"Get out" Geoff joins us and tells her to leave the party but I can't let him do that.

I have to add something.

"No, wait," I say and stop Geoff by raising up my hand on his chest while getting closer to Jenny. "I don't know you at all and I don't understand why you persist so much in humbling me but you must have an inferiority complex to dare to raise your hand to someone else. I don't understand how you can spend so much energy comparing yourself to others, wanting to control the people around you or even wanting everyone to appreciate you. But you know what, you won't have what you want by forcing it to happen. You can't decide that this person or another one falls in love with you and you definitely can't force people to hate others because you want them to. You know, you're not the center of the world and I'm not trying to surpass you because I just don't care about you. I don't understand how you can put so much energy into hating someone instead of trying to like them, but the worst is that you show it and you act like shit to them. Maybe you're like that with everybody or maybe you're doing that only to me, but please, if there's anything I did that you didn't like, tell me so I can try to improve myself. See, The difference between you and me is that you slap others when you feel powerless while I try to get up and understand." She tries to argue but I cut her off. "Spread love instead of hating on other people. You'll see, the world will seem much better." I end.

Even with the loud music, she heard me, she listened and I don't know if she understood or if it will change something but she just stands in front of me with her contracted jaw and trying to stay straight.

"Get out." I hear a voice coming out of nowhere which breaks the noisy silence that fell between us.

Nobody moves, not even her.

"I said 'Get out'" I turn back to see Shawn standing with a glass in a hand. He seems really angry and I don't know who he is angry at but I don't want to stay here.

I wanna get back home.

I knew it.

I look around to find Josh because I feel the tension and the atmosphere getting heavier. This went wrong.

"Josh... I wanna go back home." I say when I finally make an eye-contact with him and he nods but Teddy walks over and takes my hand.

"No, you're not going anywhere... Come with me." She says moving her heads to direct me to follow her.

I give a look to Josh, telling him that I'll come back.

Jenny probably got ashamed and I would probably be if I was her, everyone was looking at her without saying anything but it was enough to express their disappointment.

Teddy keeps on pulling me until we get into a corridor where nobody is. A corridor with a lot of doors that are all closed.

She opens the first door that comes to us and we get in a dark room, illuminated with the moon's light coming through the massive window.