Chapter 100

"During an interview that was live yesterday on the TV, the famous Shawn Mendes and his girlfriend responded to all the rumors made up following the photos of them that were taken a few weeks ago. Even if the singer was calm and relaxed, he didn't hesitate to defend his beloved when the well-known journalist compared her to his ex-girlfriend. Better not to approach the people he loves if we don't want to burn our wings! Indeed, he seemed annoyed of the turn that took the show and Alyssa Steal, his girlfriend, made it well understood by criticizing openly and without any restraint social media and their world. She accuses them of being too intrusive in people's lives. Is she wrong? Is she right? She's probably just saying out loud what people think in a whisper."

I take the remote of the TV and turn it off since every channel talks about what I said. A sigh leaves my lips and I lean back on the couch.

"So... Are you going to tell me what happened that night and stop being the stubborn but beautiful woman you are?" Josh asks, turning to me.

We're sitting in the living room because we haven't hung out in a while and I missed my best friend a lot. I miss all my friends and also Liam, to be honest. This whole day was exhausting, working in the agency and going to the university as well because I didn't go there in a very long time. Now, Josh and I are spending the evening together, waiting for Shawn to come back from work.

"Nope..." I say and press together my lips not to say more than I should.

A few weeks passed by since the night he's talking about and everything is going well. I didn't say anything that could make Cameron hurt one of the people I love and he didn't call me or send me any message. The last time was the night I was in bed next to my boyfriend. I don't know if I should be happy about it or worry and, realizing this right now makes me anxious.

"ok... Are you going to tell me why did Jenny call you?" He asks and my eyes widen at what he revealed.

Only Shawn is supposed to know about Jenny and I.

"How do you know that?" I ask, turning to face him and furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

Josh's green eyes are scrutinizing me and a slight smile grows on his plump lips. He chuckles at my reaction and puts down the cup of tea he was holding in his soft hands on the coffee table. Then he turns back to focus on me and I watch every single move he does.

"Shawn told me about it..." He says almost in a whisper but keeps on looking me straight in the eyes.

I can't believe what he's just said. I don't understand why my best friend and my boyfriend would tell each other what I do. I feel like there are way more chances for them to discover what happened and if Cameron knows about this, then everything will fall apart.

"Why the fuck would he talk to you about that?" I ask, raising up my voice because of the anger that's building in me but I try my best not to go crazy.

"Because we're trying to understand what makes you so lost and apart. The thing is that you don't trust us enough to tell us what's going on!" He raises up his voice as well but I can clearly see the anger coming across his eyes that are darkening little by little.

I hear the front door opening slowly but I don't mind it so much I'm mad at Josh and focused on what he's saying. I'm trying my best to preserve them from Cameron's madness but everything will collapse under my feet with their obsession to want to know everything about me.