3

AERUM'S POV
I went upstairs, still being able to hear them talking.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you." Taehyung always assured me that everything would be alright, although I knew that it was nearly impossible.

I still looked towards him trying to put up a genuine smile, but it felt as if he saw right through me.
Before he could say anything my mother, Mrs. Min. She called me downstairs. 

I sighed mentally and clung onto Tae's arm and left my room as he was giggling.

As we went down. My mom kept staring at me and Tae. She never liked the fact the I hang out with boys. She never says anything to Tae though. She always talk to him with a soft and happy voice.

Maybe that's the reason why he kept hopes that one day, my mom would accept me.

I sat down and Mrs.Min passed me a bowl of rice dumplings.
"Come on, eat up. I know it's your favorite."  She said smiling.

"My favorite?" I said coldly but shocked.

"Yeah, you love this, don't you?" She said noticing that I didn't look  happy at all.

"Mrs.Min when exactly did you see me eating this?" I asked sarcastically as she looked a bit shocked on my sudden behaviour.

"Aerum!" My dad said stopping me from saying anything else.

"Gosh, these children really don't understand all that we try to do for them." My aunt said shaking her head and chuckling bitterly.

"Yes Aerum, your aunt is right. You too Taehyung, one day even you will realise how hard parenting is." My uncle added.

My sister kept shaking her head so that I wouldn't say anything.
I just stared at my feet after that.

"Exactly, you need to take care of them all your life and once the grow up, they decide to take life in their own hands." My dad said followed by my mom.

"When you have a family of your own, you will realise all the trouble we went through while enjoyed life during childhood. All the sacrifices we had to make, we literally deserve an award for all of it."

After these words of my mother, which I knew was directed towards me, I couldn't hold it any longer. Feeling my anger rising I    interrupted their little debate on how hard raising a child is.

"Then stop this." I let out, and all of them halted their debate looking towards me.

"Stop what?"  My mom said looking towards me.

"Your pain, it's such a pain right, raising children. Stop it then." They looked at each other and we're about to say something before I interrupted them.

"You are the ones that decided to have children right. It's not like you woke up one fine morning and voila. You have a child at your door.
You have the child at your own will. And then when you feel like it you take control of the child's entire life and do whatever you want with it.
Then once the child grows up a bit you let the child walk on its own. You leave them and don't even ask whether they are happy or not. Then finally when the child become spoiled or a brat you blame them for it. Why?"

I said coldly to all of them with a little sense of anger hidden behind my words.

"After that you complain saying that my child is no more mine and all of that nonsense. This is your upbringing. This is how you raise children, an award for that." I said raising my voice.

"How c-could you do this to me Mrs. Min" I said feeling my voice shake remembering how she used to treat me.

"You kept me away from you all my life ever since I was 5. Was Ara everything to you." Taehyung started holding my hand tightly.

I quickly rose up and went out of the house.

Taehyung's POV

After Aerum left, I went behind her to stop her when Mrs.Min got hold of my hand. Her eyes regretting everything. I guess she finally realised that Aerum was going through a lot. Aerum was always quiet. Her mother hated many things about her, but she was a mother after all. She wanted Aerum to know that she still loves her little daughter

TBC